Contributing theme customization

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
eric_psp

Contributing theme customization

Post by eric_psp »

Hello ZM creators,

I work at a commercial software publisher in the US and have applied some customization to the CSS styles in the PHP for the classic theme. I am thinking these changes would not be accepted into the github because they are specific to our use case. Basically it is hiding several buttons on the watch and event PHP template files.

Could you confirm whether this is likely to be considered for merging to the github? https://github.com/ZoneMinder/zoneminde ... ns/classic

Thank you,
Eric
iconnor

Re: Contributing theme customization

Post by iconnor »

If the changes make sense to most people, then yes we would consider merging them. If as you say they are just to hide something that you dont intend to use then generally no we wouldn't merge them.

You could always put them up on github for consideration and for others to pull and apply to their own systems.
eric_psp

Post by eric_psp »

Thank you for getting back so quickly. For the CSS changes, it is a series of selectors that all set { display: none; }. I'm thinking it doesn't make sense for the default theme. It might make sense to have a separate CSS file for mobile device viewing, but I'm guessing that's not something the will be added to the project in github just for this change.
drshajul

Post by drshajul »

Would you mind sharing it? The web console looks ugly on mobile.
eric_psp wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:15 pm Could you confirm whether this is likely to be considered for merging to the github? https://github.com/ZoneMinder/zoneminde ... ns/classic