Amcrest AI camera

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
VARN

Amcrest AI camera

Post by VARN »

I have IP8M-2796EW-AI that works in zoneminder, I can view and record events with motion ect. This camera has it's own motion detection I'd like to use, how do I set this up?

I'm not even sure where to look for the problem, I can see in the log files on the camera the events are triggering. Do I somehow need to tell the camera to send them to zoneminder or do I need to tell zoneminder where to listen for the events? What communication protocol are the events in?

I can't even find a basic setup guide for this scenario I can start with. I found a video about Janus, I don't see those options in the most recent version of ZM; it does mention ONVIF, I did try setting that up without luck. I don't even know if it's needed.
Magic919

Re: Amcrest AI camera

Post by Magic919 »

The very latest stuff is in the Dev version 1.37. If you aren’t ready for that, wait until 1.38 which will bring features to the stable version once it’s released.
-
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

Just run 1.37, it's not that scary.
VARN

Post by VARN »

I installed 1.37. It took me a while to figure out how; I thought there'd be a link or something in the download section or the 1.37 sub forum.

I seem to still have the same problem though, I'll post in the other sub forum about it.

Thanks.