Main Console page is unresponsive, but all others like options, montage, etc. are responsive

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
pennyzm

Main Console page is unresponsive, but all others like options, montage, etc. are responsive

Post by pennyzm »

Hello,

I have an odd issue regarding my zoneminder webpage. It's unclear to me how long this has be going on.
Issue: The webpage loads (slower than it used to), but once logged in the main console page is unresponsive. Such as:
- It only lists one camera out of 19 and the only part it shows is the name of the camera under column name. It shows nothing under the Function column or any of the other columns. I can click on the name of the camera and see live view, but I can't edit the config of the camera.
- I'm unable to do any filtering on the console page. It shows the groups and different camera names and other filter options, but when I click on them it does nothing.
- At the top where it shows load and other statistics like db, /dev/shm, I cannot click on the down arrow for storage. Nothing responds.
- I cannot click on the ADD button either to add a new camea or on the admin user to logout.
- The log shows the following message repeated several times with different PIDs and the log color stays red: web_php ERR Socket /run/zm/zms-682770s.sock does not exist. This file is created by zms, and since it does not exist, either zms did not run, or zms exited early. Please check your zms logs and ensure that CGI is enabled in apache and check that the PATH_ZMS is set correctly. Make sure that ZM is actually recording. If you are trying to view a live stream and the capture process (zmc) is not running then zms will exit. Please go to http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/lat ... window-etc for more information.

- What's odd is I can navigate to the different pages like options, montage, and the others and when I'm on those pages everything responds just fine. I can actually see all the cameras in montage view. It's only the Console page that is unresponsive to any clicks. And all the other pages load quickly except for the console page.

I've not found anything exactly like this issue, but I'll post back here if I do.
Can someone please help me understand? I'm not sure where to start.

Setup:
ubuntu 20.04.3
zoneminder 1.36.11
multiport enabled
http only

Kind regards,
pennyzm
kitkat

Re: Main Console page is unresponsive, but all others like options, montage, etc. are responsive

Post by kitkat »

Just a thought that it may be worth looking in the web server logs.
pennyzm

Re: Main Console page is unresponsive, but all others like options, montage, etc. are responsive

Post by pennyzm »

@kitkat, thank you for your reply. I'll do that.
At this point the console page is back to normal: showing all cameras, column data and responding to clicks.
We updated to 1.36.12 and it started working again.

I'll keep an eye on it, if it does it again I'll start with the web server logs like you suggested, thank you again.

kind regards,
pennyzm