filter not working

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
apti

filter not working

Post by apti »

I have tried several filters all give same response even just a simple one. When I list matches for a filter I get a message "loading please wait" and never a response. this happens no matter what criteria I use in the filter. I also note that when I try to delete events with less than 12 alarm frames using a filter it does not work. Nothing is deleted even though there are hundreds of matches if I look. However the filter will not list matches nor delete them. What is wrong?

EDIT: the loading please wait seems to happen because there are thousands of events and it is trying to list them all because at one point I said to do that on a web page and it kept that setting. This should be fixed as it is a problem... BUG ALERT!

I can now list the events that match the filter however the delete still does not work even if I hit execute. These are unarchived events. there are about 3000 currently that match the criteria for delete
bbunge

Re: filter not working

Post by bbunge »

Filters work just fine here.

I use a filter to purge events after a number of days:

Name day_purge
User to run filter as: needs to be a privileged user such as admin
Start Date less than or equal to -14 day
and Archived Status equal to Unarchived Only
and Storage Area equal to your_storage_area
sort by startdate/time Asc Limit to first 100
Actions
Delete all matches
Run in background
Andyrh

Post by Andyrh »

I recently posted something similar. Adding a date seems to help.

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=31060
Andy
o||||o

Ubuntu 22.04
ZM 1.36.33
E5-1650-v4 Xeon
16 GB RAM
6 cameras -> 54 FPS modect
apti

Post by apti »

adding a date did not work. I can view the list of matches without a problem but the filter does not delete matches either running in background or hitting execute. The filter is simple. anything with alarm frames count of under 12 gets deleted.

This is 1.36.5 I have another install and it had the database imported from older version. That one works using same version.
This one not working was a clean install.
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

apti wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:16 pm adding a date did not work. I can view the list of matches without a problem but the filter does not delete matches either running in background or hitting execute. The filter is simple. anything with alarm frames count of under 12 gets deleted.

This is 1.36.5 I have another install and it had the database imported from older version. That one works using same version.
This one not working was a clean install.
Please post the contents of your filter so we can try it.
apti

Post by apti »

here it is...

alarm frames less than or equal to 12
archive status equal to unarchived only
monitor name equal to front of house
limit to first 200
delete all matches
run in background

and before you ask, no there are currently no archived events but the filter can hit about 3000 events that match
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

Here is what works for me:

Name: Alarm_Frames
Alarm Frames Less than or equal to 2
and Archive Status Equal To Unarchived Only
and Storage Area Equal To zmstore (zmstore is the second drive where I store events. A filter is required for each active storage area)
Limit to first 100 results only
Delete all matches
Run filter in background
apti

Post by apti »

I added the storage area equal to default that is where the data is stored. Still does not work. I can see the list when I list the matches but it does not delete anything when I hit execute.
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

apti wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:41 pm I added the storage area equal to default that is where the data is stored. Still does not work. I can see the list when I list the matches but it does not delete anything when I hit execute.
Just let it run in the background. Or execute without doing a list.
Shorten the monitor name or link the words with an underscore. Like: front_of_house
It is an old practice but some things still do not like human readable names.
apti

Post by apti »

That is the issue. I have done it without the monitor name and still not working. I do let it run in the background but it does not work. That was my original post. The filter is not working and it worries me wondering if the purge when full will work or just crash when the drive goes totally full? So far nothing is working with this much needed filter. as I also mentioned I get no result with execute either.
vrm42z

Post by vrm42z »

have you tried to run zmaudit.pl as root from consolel?
I got this endless Loading... because my event database was corrupt or damaged somehow. After zmaudit everything worked.
apti

Post by apti »

zm audit is set to run every 24 hours per settings in zoneminder. I do not have direct access to the system and have to make appointment to go onsite to do anything not accessible by remote in this case the web interface. To the best of my knowledge the zmaudit has run every day once and does as it should.
vrm42z

Post by vrm42z »

yeah, right. and if everything worked as it should no post would be seen here :)
based on what you said about your system you're not just testing it. 1.36 has tons of bugs, so I think 1.34 should still be used in production environment.
apti

Post by apti »

vrm42z wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:41 pm yeah, right. and if everything worked as it should no post would be seen here :)
based on what you said about your system you're not just testing it. 1.36 has tons of bugs, so I think 1.34 should still be used in production environment.
I install the latest available in fedora repos. if 1.36 has so many bugs it would be nice to know what they are and when to expect a fix. I am not able to downgrade to 1.34 now that things are installed and in place. I expect that if something is in the fedora repos it is mostly tested and not beta.
Baylink

Post by Baylink »

vrm42z wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:41 pm yeah, right. and if everything worked as it should no post would be seen here :)
It does?

I had a teeny problem getting the 1.36.5 PPA upgrade to run the DB upgrade script, but it seems to be be operating just fine since I did put it in last month...