Red Screen

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.26.x releases only.
Michaeln

Red Screen

Post by Michaeln »

Hi all,

I am running ZM v1.26.5 on LinuxMint 17.2 64bit to monitor a total of 7 wifi cameras. I have three identical cameras (DLink DCS-932LB) configured identically with static IP addresses and unique consecutive port numbers. I can access all three from my web browser, however when I launch ZoneMinder I can see only 2 of these. The third is a red screen. I have checked and re-checked all my settings and can confirm that all three camera settings are identical (except for unique ports). I am not very technically minded and quite new to Linux.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Michael
bbunge

Re: Red Screen

Post by bbunge »

You do not need unique ports. Just leave the camera ports to the default. Static IP is OK but it may be better, on your home network, to allow your router to assign IP addresses. I would recommend you reserve or manually assign addresses in your router DHCP.

As for the cameras, what are the settings you use in ZM?
Michaeln

Re: Red Screen

Post by Michaeln »

Hi bbunge,

Thanks for the reply. The port assignments are necessary to allow me remotely access the individual cameras on a single public ip address. It works fine.

The RemoteHostPath is simply /Video.cgi for all three. All three are identically configured with the exception of the individual port assignments to differentiate between the individual cameras.