Need some ffmpeg magic...

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.27.x releases only.
BiloxiGeek

Need some ffmpeg magic...

Post by BiloxiGeek »

Anyone have a good method to get zm to generate video from events with a null audio track? I've got a collection of events that were set up to do a time lapse video that I want to collect into a long video of a project I did at home. (Building a small garden shed.) I can get video created using ffmpeg easily enough, but I'd like to add a silent audio track so I can load them into VideoReDo on a winders system. VRD doesn't like video that is missing an audio track and refuses to load it.

I don't have the events in zm any longer, I've been moving the event directories over to a different system at the end of each day I've been working on the shed.

The events were captured at 2 FPS and my plan is to compile each event into 30 FPS video, and then combine them all into one video. Then use VideoReDo to edit out any sections where little or no activity was happening.
knight-of-ni

Re: Need some ffmpeg magic...

Post by knight-of-ni »

Your question asks if anyone knows how to make zoneminder add an audio track, but you go on to say that you've already exported the events into video and no longer have the original events in zoneminder ....this has left me confused as how you want to accomplish your goal. Before or after zoneminder, that is the question.

For editing existing video clips, I would recommend Avidemux. It is open source, and runs on linux, mac, and windows. It has done everything I have ever needed it to do, but I am not an expert at video editing.

I'm not sure how you would get zoneminder to add the audio track automatically when you generate the video ...presumably with some fancy ffmpeg parameter under zoneminder options. Perhaps you could get some helpful advice from the ffmpeg forum if that is what you are looking to do.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
lonrdkelvin

Post by lonrdkelvin »

Running ZM 1.27 on CentOS 6.5. Have four cameras setup as "monitor" and all are working fine. Now, it's time to get some actual event recording going.
TumB0

Post by TumB0 »

Since this was a new install I just did a quick remove and re-install, but if there was a better way I'm open to thoughts.????