Resolution and PTZ

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
vermiboy

Resolution and PTZ

Post by vermiboy »

Hi I bought a NEO Coolcam NIP-02 and I have some issue.
First I don't know Why but when I configure the cam and the ZM to 640*480 it's not working but it works well on 320*240.
Second I'm not able to configure the PTZ controller. If someone can help me
bb99

Re: Resolution and PTZ

Post by bb99 »

Check to see if you're using shared memory. If you are you need to double it. Search the forums for shared memory or read the FAQ on how to. PTZ requires a script specifically for that camera; again search to see if someone has already written one.
vermiboy

Post by vermiboy »

thx
vermiboy

Post by vermiboy »

Resolution works thx :P

but can't find Neo coolcam control script
bb99

Post by bb99 »

I'm not familiar with your camera but it probably is a knock off of another. If you can figure which one I'll bet you find a script. I'd start by looking at the Foscams.....
vermiboy

Post by vermiboy »

I find a Wanscam Script that should work it my cam but I always have an error

status = undefined message = /usr/bin/zmcontrol.pl --autostop --command=moveConRight --id=2=>
theforce

Post by theforce »

I think you either have to change the camera settings in zoneminder to say the camera supports contonus pan/tilt or tell it it does not support it. Depends on the script your using.

Those cameras look like the foscam knock offs and should be able to use the regular foscam script with the version of the camera you have. My PTZ wanscam camera I had to modify the script a bit because of the camera was mounted upside down plus it has 3x zoom which I had to add to the script.