Zoneminder 1.24.4 - No Zone Image

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
DJMitch

Zoneminder 1.24.4 - No Zone Image

Post by DJMitch »

Hello,

I'm new her in this forum.
I have a problem with Zoneminder. When i click on "Zones" .... i can see no image.

What can i do.

Sorry about my english. :-)
pathetic_programmer

Re: Zoneminder 1.24.4 - No Zone Image

Post by pathetic_programmer »

Did you create any monitors to view your zone setup? What kind of cameras do you have?
DJMitch

Post by DJMitch »

i have connected two ipcams (foscam 8904) . all works fine. the only problem is the missing image for detection zone.
pathetic_programmer

Post by pathetic_programmer »

When you click on the name of your monitor, does it show the image there?

Did you set up the monitor correctly for Foscams? http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.php/Foscam

What are your monitor's settings under the General and Source tab?
DJMitch

Post by DJMitch »

If i click on monitor the image is there. ok :-)
i have 2 foscams 8904 via lan connected !!

Settings:
Remote Protocol: http
Remote Method: simple
host: user:pwd@ip-adress
port: port of the cam
hostpfad: /video.cgi
pixel: 640

i think its all ok.

I will test it in the next days on an other computer.
andy1702

Post by andy1702 »

DJMitch wrote:Hello,

I have a problem with Zoneminder. When i click on "Zones" .... i can see no image.

What can i do.
I'm having this exact same problem. I've finally got Zoneminder running on Linux Mint 12. I've got a Creative webcam (model number VF0260).

Zoneminder didn't detect the cam as a local camera, so I set up a stream with mjpg_streamer and that works fine. But when I try to use this stream in Zoneminder it doesn't work properly. I can set up a monitor using the stream and view the monitor in the console by clicking in the 'Name' column. But if I change the function to Modetect, only that column turns green, not the source, which remains orange. No events get detected and if I click in the Zones column, then 'All' in the pop up window, I see lots of controls and a blank white space with four small green dots at the corners, which is where the picture from the cam is supposed to be.

Is this something so simple as an unsupported camera? If that's the case how come I can see the camera complete with the correct date-time overlays by clicking under 'Name' in the console?

I'm new to Linux, so please try to keep any answer as simple as possible. I'm not a programmer, I just want the thing to work!

Andy.
DJMitch

Post by DJMitch »

Sooo... now it works. I have tested it on an other computer.
Now i have installed my server complet new with ubuntu 11.10.
And it works good.

But I have still an other problem.

I have connected 2 foscams 8904 to zoneminder.
By the day both work with 10fps. But if it goes dark the fps decrease to 5-7 fps.
Is this normal or an technical malfunction ???
marolf

Post by marolf »

andy1702 wrote:
DJMitch wrote:Hello,

What can i do.
I'm having this exact same problem. I've finally got Zoneminder running on Linux Mint 12. I've got a Creative webcam (model number VF0260).

Zoneminder didn't detect the cam as a local camera, so I set up a stream with mjpg_streamer and that works fine. But when I try to use this stream in Zoneminder it doesn't work properly. I can set up a monitor using the stream and view the monitor in the console by clicking in the 'Name' column. But if I change the function to Modetect, only that column turns green, not the source, which remains orange. No events get detected and if I click in the Zones column, then 'All' in the pop up window, I see lots of controls and a blank white space with four small green dots at the corners, which is where the picture from the cam is supposed to be.

Is this something so simple as an unsupported camera? If that's the case how come I can see the camera complete with the correct date-time overlays by clicking under 'Name' in the console?

I'm new to Linux, so please try to keep any answer as simple as possible. I'm not a programmer, I just want the thing to work!

Andy.
I'm having the same problem. Were you able to get it solved?