Can't connect to axis webcam

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
Johan

Can't connect to axis webcam

Post by Johan »

Hello,

I am new to zoneminder, but have manged to get a bit on the way.

In my setup I have two cameras (1 USB camera converted to a network camera with mjpeg-streamer on a dedicated wmware host, 1 Axis M1031-W network camera)

Zoneminder 1.25.0 is installed and seems to be working on a dedicated wmware host with centos 5.7. I have managed to add the USB/mjpeg-stremaer camera as a remote camera on x.x.x.x/?action=stream. This works fine, and I can watch the video in zm.

If I try to add my Axis M1031 camera on the same way but on x.x.x.y/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi?resolution=640x480 i get no image when I try to watch the camera and in the log I get:

ERR Can't connect to remote camera: Connection timed out zm_remote_camera_http.cpp 101

after a few seconds the log fills up with the error message
socket_sendto( /tmp/zm/zms-101900s.sock ) failed: No such file or directory
as long as the view windows is open.

I can connect to x.x.x.y/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi?resolution=640x480 with firefox and watch the video.

I can telnet the camera server on port 80 from the zm server.

Anyone who can help me with what I am doing wrong, or how I can find more information?

Best regards
Johan
Johan

Re: Can't connect to axis webcam

Post by Johan »

Ok, a few more desperate hours and I have found the problem.

It seems like ZM fails to take the video feed if the camera is connected via WLAN, if I connect the camera with UTP cable it works like a charm. Could this be due to some extremely short timeout?

// Johan
Flasheart

Re: Can't connect to axis webcam

Post by Flasheart »

There is a http timeout setting that you may like to play with. From console, go into Options then Network.

Generally though I've not had much problems with wifi and timeouts, only dropouts through unreliable wifi. I now only use cat5 for reliability.