Setting up Edimax IC-9000

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
junior

Setting up Edimax IC-9000

Post by junior »

Hello!

Does anybody ever set up the IP cam IC-9000 ? I only found some information about other Edimax cams.

Please help me.

Thanks,
junior
junior

Post by junior »

I tried to make the IC-9000 working by using the script http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.php/Edimax but sadly with no success.
In order that I can workout a solution I need some background information and/or hints which I want to ask for.

-) Why I need modifications for this cam? What is different and how I can discern what's different.
-) Which probable modifications do I need?
-) How I use a script: http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.php/Edimax like for the IC-1500 (Just put it into /var/www/zm and call it within browser ,and/or sth. else?)
-) Is such a single script already the solution?
-) Any other information you think that I will need. (Links, documents etc.)

If you please can help me with this, that would be great :)

In case of you will try to get it working by yourself the cam is now internet accessible.

IP: 91.143.98.34:65000
user: user
pwd: user

Thanking you in anticipation,
Junior
kingofkya

Post by kingofkya »

I promise i will get around to looking at this i have just been busy.
neonightmare

Re: Setting up Edimax IC-9000

Post by neonightmare »

Post Re: zoneminder ffmpeg progressive degrading quality
Hi

I also have a Ic9000 edimax cam. I found this explanation on the internet:

Quote:
Appendix F. Third party and embedded web page
integration
For third party and embedded web page integration, IP Cam support the standard RTSP protocol and video codecs needed by most generally used video play software, including Apple QuickTime and VideoLAN. The supported media protocols including TCP and UDP. IP Cam will automatically use TCP or UDP media stream depends on the connection request. The video codec supported is MPEG4.
The access methods are the followings : rtsp://CAM-IP/CAMID.PW.mp2 for MPEG4 video + MPEG2 audio
rtsp://CAM-IP/CAMID.PW for MPEG4 video + AMR-NB audio
Where ip_cam_address is the IP address of the IP camera. CAM_ID is the unique Camera ID of the specific IP camera. Password is the video play password of the specific IP camera(detailed in section 3.6). Users can modify the password of the IP camera to prevent others to see the video.
For embedded web page integration, add the following codes into the proper position of the desired web page :
<object classid="clsid:5C519EC4-2BAE-44CE-B7F5-AD0CCD4BEFBD" id="mpeg4ax" codebase=">>>>Link removed"<<<<#Version=0,0,0,0" width="320" height="240">
<param name="Src" value="rtsp://CAM-IP/CAMID.PW.mp2"> </object>

The Cam I can use embedded on my webserver, this works. but ->

How could/should I configure zm to work with the cam? All tests witch I made didn't work for me.

THX Neo
junior

Re: Setting up Edimax IC-9000

Post by junior »

hello neonightmare,

as far I know there is something messed up at the end of the mpeg file itself, so that zm isn't able to get it working. I'm sorry, I couldn't find a solution for that, and that's the reason why I no longer have this camera.

sorry that I can't help you. But If you have a solution, then please let me know.

thx for your post
KR