Live and Recorded Viewer Features Not Working REWARDS!!!

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
T3G Terry

Live and Recorded Viewer Features Not Working REWARDS!!!

Post by T3G Terry »

I will try to keep this as simple as I can. I am having multiple problems with the Live View window and the Event View window.

ALL of the features in these windows were working properly when I first installed this version of ZM except one. In the Replay window of the event viewer, the ability to change from SINGLE EVENT to GAPLESS or ALL EVENTS has NEVER worked in this version. I have seen a few other posts on this but not found a true fix for this problem. The only fix I found was a way to set it to one permanent setting. I want to be able to use it like it was intended to be used. That is the only think I can think of that has never worked.

Now for the newest problems that are occurring.

I am running ZM 1.24.2 on Ubuntu 10.04. First of all my progress bar is totaly missing from the event viewer window. Secondly there are no FPS displayed in ANY window, live recorded or otherwise. Thirdly, NONE of the controls seem to work at all when viewing a recorded event. Next, when you open a monitor for live viewing, there used to be a short list of recently recorded events. There are NONE now. Not sure where they went but they definitely got up and left. And lasly, it used to be that when viewing a recorded event, if a new alarm was detected, the effected cameras window would open to the front and show that a new event was being detected and recorded. Not any more. That hasn't happened in a long time. It seems that all of these problems started about the same time.

The only things I have done to this system are to increase the shared memory so that I can use full D1 resolution when I so choose, and made some changes to a file in an effort to resolve the problem with the false event dates of 12/31/1969. That problem seems to come up everytime I install this software and is usually one of the first things I repair.

Here is the kicker .............. If anyone wants to work with me on these problems here is what I will do. IF you help me resolve this, for each time a problem is resolved, I will donate 20 dollars to ZM in your name. I figure by the time all these problems are fixed I will have donated a nice little sum for a good cause. ANd then maybe others can take advantage of our combined efforts.

The GRAND PRIZE .............. I have a few Vivotek PZ61xx series cameras. They work on ZM as far as images are concerned BUT as far as camera controls ........ nadda. I have looked at the attempts that have been made in doing this and haven't seen anyone who has written a script that allows full functionality of these cameras. I will donate 100 dollars to ZM in the name of the person that can make this happen for me. I will even provide an unobstructed link to one of these cameras for you if need be. This way you can work with it all you want.

I sincerely hope that the ZM moderators have no objections to my wanting to use a monetary reward as a way to get help with this system but hey. We all do what we can right?

Sooooooo ......... any takers?
I don't know wether to wind my butt or scratch my watch.
T3G Terry

Post by T3G Terry »

Ok before everyone starts jumping in on this let me say that I just accidently figured out part of my problems.

I went into the OPTIONS and HIGH B/W settings. The setting for WEB_H_AJAX_TIMEOUT was at 3. When I changed it to zero all of the sudden my list of recent events in the live view windows came back as well as the progress bar and the functionality of all the camera controls like pause, fast forward, next, etc. HOWEVER all of the sudden when I tried to view recorded events I would only see the first frame of an event and the stream would freeze up. So I just played with that setting until I found something that worked. I eneded up setting it at 200ms and now all the recent events are listed, the progress bar is back and working and all the controls are working again as well as the stream in recorded events is playing fine.

I am still going to make a good donation to ZM anyway.

The offer for creating a file to make my Vivotek PTZ cameras work properly still stands.
T3G Terry

Post by T3G Terry »

The offer to get the REPLAY feature working properly still stands too. Swapping from single event to Gapless events or All Events is still a no go.