Audio recording

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
andrewgroup

Audio recording

Post by andrewgroup »

I have yet to install this software but look forward to it very much. I don't see much discussion of audio recording. In the application I am looking at, having at least a single audio track will be important. I almost think it would be important that the audio recording is happening separately from the video channels. When you wish to view a camera you would then match up the audio track time stamp with the video track and you can play both at the same time.

Another advanced feature and perhaps not to difficult to emplement would be alarm inputs. This could be done the the serial or parallel port. I would certainly be able to obtain and contribute real development funds for these ideas.
andrewgroup

More thoughts

Post by andrewgroup »

If you could specify audio recording to automatically record time in defined periods like 10, 15, 30 minutes and save them as a sequenced series of mp3 files. The system can begin overwriting these files after a defined time.