Dlink DCS-910

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
razametal

Dlink DCS-910

Post by razametal »

Hi,

I've read in the wkiki about the dlink DSC-900 that works with zoneminder. I'm planning to buy one DCS-900 but seems to be out of stock but thde DCS-910 and DCS-920 are on the store.

Is the DCS-910 and/or DCS-902 models supported to work with zoneminder?

Best regards,
ooglek

Post by ooglek »

I too am interested if the DCS-910 works with ZM. It seems to be the new version of the DCS-900, but who knows what they did to it.

http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=665
rcswrc

DCS-910

Post by rcswrc »

I want to test that camera, if I buy it I'll post the results.

But with the help of google I found this page.

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... l%26sa%3DG

There is a comment about this camera, where you can take out video from /mjpeg.cgi (only with avreg)

and snapshots with /image.jpg

Anyone knows if avreg is implemented in zm?
rcswrc

DCS-910 WORKS!?

Post by rcswrc »

OK I bought it.

I tested it in zoneminder 1.23.3 with the ZM_NETCAM_REGEXPS (Options - Network) unchecked, on the "/video.cgi?" path.

And I have to say that I got image. :D

It just needs more testing but it seems to work.

I mean, if I got an image it should mean that it works, but please if there is anyone with more knowledge than me, just tell me what else to do.
rcswrc

DCS-910 works on zoneminder(edited)

Post by rcswrc »

This is final, this dlink dcs-910 works, but I do not recommend it !! (edited this so that you keep reading this topic)

only tried the /video.cgi? as mjpg stream. have not tried the jpeg mode.

just remember the regular_expresion parameter on the network options.

640x480 image quality very poor!
Last edited by rcswrc on Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
riddlebox

Post by riddlebox »

I have this camera, actually two of them and I cannot get any video on the cameras in zoneminder, I can go to the IPAddr of each, and watch video no problem but all I see is black in zoneminder?
rcswrc

R

Post by rcswrc »

Did you changed the option of regular expressions in Options - Network?

are you using the path "/video.cgi? " ?

remember to use the ? on the path.

Which version are you using?

I need more info.
riddlebox

Post by riddlebox »

I actually wasnt using admin:password@ipaddress
so i set that and they are working fine except i caanot get them to be viewed in 640x480. also i cannot change the password on the cameras, if I do i cannot login to it at all
rcswrc

R

Post by rcswrc »

that's strange.

I tried with another user and admin , both worked fine.
I got 640x480, remember you have to change the resolution on the camera and zoneminder, both.

you should be able to change the password, try to create another user fist, verify it works and then change the admin password. Anyway you can always reset the camera.
riddlebox

Post by riddlebox »

I have changed the resoultion on both cameras, deleted my current monitors added new monitors with the new resolution and nothing comes up, the IP Address changes to a red color?
rcswrc

Post by rcswrc »

Let us see your logs, zmwatch

did you changed the option ZM_NETCAM_REGEXPS (Options - Network) ? remember it has to be unchecked and the you have to restart zoneminder.

How many cameras do you have? Is your server and settings configured for all your cameras?
riddlebox

Post by riddlebox »

I have that box unchecked, I have restarted zoneminder, I have deleted the cameras and added them fresh as 640x480, when I go to /var/log/zm/ there is nothing in that dir? The cameras are set as 640x480, and I see them as that when I go to their IP Address. I am running the latest firmware on them 1.01.
CozHelp

Still Works

Post by CozHelp »

So if you set the remote host path to: /video.cgi?
it works, but only for Stills, not Steam.
I'm not sure what to do to fix it.
riddlebox

Post by riddlebox »

I have it working. Stream and stills
CozHelp

Help?

Post by CozHelp »

Can you help me then, I also noticed that i only see "Still" when its resolution is at 320x240, if i move it to 640x480 i don't see "Still or Stream". I have installed the ffmpeg and cambozola. I have altered the path boxes to reflect their locations. I'm not super familiar with ubuntu/linux so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Coz