It's Working!

Post here to indicate any hardware you have used and which is known to work with ZoneMinder. Not for questions.
JohnnyLaww

It's Working!

Post by JohnnyLaww »

Just a quick shout out to thank everyone here and to list my hardware..

After beating my head against the wall for several days trying to configure an ancient 16port generic card with no success, I ordered a pv-155 from Bluecherry. Stuck it in, booted up, all 4 cams working like a champ.

I have the following in my system (in case anyone was wondering)..

AMD Sempron 2800+
Asus A7N8X Deluxe MB
1 Gig of grab bag pc133 memory
ATI Radeon 9200
PV-155 16 port Capture Card
60gig Western Digital HD

Ubuntu 7.04 Desktop

I have had to drop my FPS to 5.00 for each cam with a 30.00 Max so my load would drop down, else it was in a constant state of distress.

I only have a minor issue with the montage view from a remote laptop with an EDGE connection. When I click on montage, I get the same camera for all 4 views. It only does this from a remotely slow connection (ie, on a lan connection, I get all 4 correct views), This may have something to do with IE/Cambazola...

Kudos to ZM!
Lee Sharp

Post by Lee Sharp »

That system will record, but streaming is going to be tough. Try booting into run level 3 (without GUI) and you will have a few extra processor cycles. Also, stip out the Ubuntu Extras, like Evolution and Open Office. And any other thinng you don't need. (Bluetooth, Sound...)
JohnnyLaww

Post by JohnnyLaww »

Lee,

Yeah, now that I got it up and going, my next step will be to reinstall without the gui and and compile the kernel to suit. I also changed the cams from RGB to B/W since they are used outdoors here in good ol SA with lots o sunshine, which washes out the color anyways.

Thanks for the tips....

Go go ZM!
Lee Sharp

Post by Lee Sharp »

I would not bother with a custom kernal, and you can remove the GUI from your existing install. However, if you just remove GDM, you can have a GUI when you need it, but it will not be running when you don't.
m4rtin

Post by m4rtin »

JohnnyLaww what kind of cameras do you use with your P-155?