storageareas .. asks for URL when typing in path

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
evolotion

storageareas .. asks for URL when typing in path

Post by evolotion »

as per title, decided to set up another machine parallel to my main zm installation to try the video passthro branch.

have set up the system to record all the HD feeds direct to disk and analyse all the lower resolution feeds for motion (all cameras >2MP and have 2 video outputs) resource usage is amazing compared to the regular zm installation where I had no option but to cherry pick only recording a few of the HD streams.

Thankyou. its amazing so far, understand its bleeding edge but wanted to play.

I have a question, decided to experiment with the alt storage locations. Is there a way to specify a local mounted volume i.e. "/mnt/storage1" when I attempt to put this in the path field it asks for a URL

this is 1.30.13 from the iconnor ppa, on Mint (xenial repos)

traditional zm installation is on debian, set this up on mint to ease any pains as the ppa could be used.
evolotion

Re: storageareas .. asks for URL when typing in path

Post by evolotion »

sorry , hope this wasnt the wrong section (seing as its not relevant to the 1.30.0 normal branch)

Changed the path variable in the database from a made up url (to pass the form check) to a local path using myphpadmin and everything works as it should, images from selected cameras stored on the drive and free space reported etc.

Clearly something is wrong in the checking of the Options/Storage/Ass New Storage/ "path" field am way out my depth but will see if I can figure it out :)

cheers.
SteveGilvarry

Post by SteveGilvarry »

I will check this out see if I get the same.
Production Zoneminder 1.37.x (Living dangerously)
Random Selection of Cameras (Dahua and Hikvision)
evolotion

Post by evolotion »

dont know if this file is generated on the fly, or if this is the correct fix (as said am waay out my depth) but

/usr/share/zoneminder/www/skins/classic/views/storage.php

line 59 changed input type from "url" to "text"

seems to work for me.

cheers again :)
SteveGilvarry

Post by SteveGilvarry »

Possibly the fix, Safari is not doing any checking of this so I can put /mnt/... in without issue.
Production Zoneminder 1.37.x (Living dangerously)
Random Selection of Cameras (Dahua and Hikvision)