Storage requirements

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
jameswilson

Storage requirements

Post by jameswilson »

As i cannot program I have put together a little spreadsheet (excel im afraid) that you enter pps, number of inputs capture sizes etc and it calculates the amount of days stored in record mode) now it is a simple image size x pps x inputs etc, as i dont know how zm stores images. It wont be exact but it seems accurate to me using my setups as examples. How shall i get it here, and is it any use?

James
dmit

Post by dmit »

Yes, sure! Put it somewhere please! I will create a PHP module so a user could estimate storage reqs on-line (from Zm console for example).

I think Phil could even put it on his site for more convenience for beginners!
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

By all means mail it to me James and I'll put it up in the Downloads section and add a FAQ with a link to it.

Phil
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

not sure if its being over hyped!!!
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

emailed over. I have included a small table of differnet image sizes (KB) at the relevant jpeg quality settings. At the mo i have only done 368x288 from 100 to 50 (as i cant see why ud want to go lower). I will continue to work on this to include the higher res stuff and mono (forgot to mention that its all in in 24 bit colour.)
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Hi James,

I don't seem to have it yet. I wonder if my anti-spam/virus bounced it. If so then try sending it zipped up if you didn't already.

Phil
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

ok zipped and sent again
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

I have also added the high res pal now to the list of image sizes. If what i sent is any use let me know and ill send the new list