Can't View Events after latest update

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
thefuzz4

Can't View Events after latest update

Post by thefuzz4 »

Hey Everyone,

After my latest update install on my CentOS6 box I'm getting the following error in my logs

Code: Select all

[Fri Jan 06 16:26:19 2017] [error] [client 192.168.x.x] PHP Fatal error:  Class 'Event' not found in /usr/share/zoneminder/www/skins/classic/views/events.php on line 98,
I'm not sure whats going on here. Sadly since some of my zones are still using the zmodopipe I have to stay on CentOS6 until I get done replacing all of the zmodo's with Hikvision cameras. Last time I tried to use zmodopipe on CentOS 7 it wouldn't run and I'm not sure if staying on 6 will eventually prove to be a problem with zoneminder.

Thank you all for your help in advance with this its greatly appreciated.
iconnor

Re: Can't View Events after latest update

Post by iconnor »

Notsure what's going on for you... but you can add a require_once('/includes/Event.php'); somewhere near the top of skins/classic/views/events.php to try to resolve it.
thefuzz4

Post by thefuzz4 »

Yeah gave that a whirl but no love. Btw I didn't specify this but this throws on the page that lists out all of the current events for any of my channels. Thank you for the suggestion I hope we can track this down.
thefuzz4

Post by thefuzz4 »

Anyone else got any thoughts on this?
thefuzz4

Post by thefuzz4 »

So I ended up doing what I've been wanting to do for a while. I built out a new CentOS7 machine and loaded ZM on there and just did a backup and restore of the MySQL DB to the new server. I was hesitant to do this because the last time I tried this I wasn't able to get my Zmodo cameras to work with zmodopipe. Not sure what the difference was this go around other than I copied over zmodopipe from the CentOS6 install. So far this thing is running 1000% better than on 6. I'm not getting the buffer overrun errors in my logs anymore. In the past I tried every setting I could think of to get rid of those errors. This time everything is flawless. I also managed to finally get my email notifications working (this was user error because I forgot to put in the alarm filter setting). Lol I also finally read some more of the docs and got the new modern look going with CSS. This also improved the WAF as well. Thank you ZM devs for everything you do and you'll have a donation coming your way here soon. Thanks.
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

The error you described in your first post matches an error we discovered and later fix in the master branch.
My guess is you enabled the testing repo on your system since the package in there has that bug in it.

We want to encourage anyone willing to participate in testing our packages, but please heed the warning at the top of the repo file. Do not use the testing repo for production purposes. The packages in that repo can and will have problems from time to time.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
thefuzz4

Post by thefuzz4 »

My apologies there @knnnigett I honestly didn't even catch that text so my fault :). I just wanted 1.30 on CentOS6 :). But hey it forced me to upgrade to 7 and I couldn't be happier. I chipped into the bounty fund for all of your hard work too.
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

Hey no problem, I just want to make sure people know what they are getting into when they enable the testing repo.
I'd hate for someone to enable it on something they rely on only for it to break.

Thanks for the contribution!
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/