Monitor that only activates from triggers or web viewing

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.28.x releases only.
biscuit

Monitor that only activates from triggers or web viewing

Post by biscuit »

Hello,

I'm currently running v1.28.109 on a low power system (Atom N2600, 4GB RAM). I'm using a few camera types but all of them are minimum 1080p. What I've found is what I can have five cameras enabled but when I enable a sixth I begin encountering memory issues. One thing I noticed is that even with the cameras all set to Nodect they all spawn a zmc and zma process and keep the camera streams actively open.

What I'm wondering is if there is a way to only spawn these when something fires the external trigger process or if someone opens the camera from the web interface? Essentially only open the stream when something is actively requesting it? This would allow me to add more cameras since they would only drain system resources when in use.

Searching around I found someone with the same basic question from about 7 years ago (viewtopic.php?t=14935) but there were never any responses. I'm hoping between then and now maybe someone else has found a solution to this type of issue though.

Thank you!
Ebisconw

Re: Monitor that only activates from triggers or web viewing

Post by Ebisconw »

biscuit wrote:Hello,

I'm currently running v1.28.109 on a low power system (Atom N2600, 4GB RAM). I'm using a few camera types but all of them are minimum 1080p. What I've found is what I can have five cameras enabled but when I enable a sixth I begin encountering memory issues. One thing I noticed is that even with the cameras all set to Nodect they all spawn a zmc and zma process and keep the camera streams actively open.

What I'm wondering is if there is a way to only spawn these when something fires the external trigger process or if someone opens the camera from the web interface? Essentially only open the stream when something is actively requesting it? This would allow me to add more cameras since they would only drain system resources when in use.

Searching around I found someone with the same basic question from about 7 years ago (viewtopic.php?t=14935) but there were never any responses. I'm hoping between then and now maybe someone else has found a solution to this type of issue though.

Thank you!
Hi i'm actually on a search for the same type of configuration. Will be willing to share info here and give updates if I find any. Hopefully someone here might be able to help us soon. Any luck finding info from other sources?