No mpeg stream to Browser

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.27.x releases only.
lar5

No mpeg stream to Browser

Post by lar5 »

hi,
i have a issue with all ZM versions bigger then 1.25. I have mjpeg and h264 ip cams. capturing events is working gr8 with 1.27. Unfortantly everything bigger than version 1.25 can not playback with ffmpeg (mpeg). Mjpeg playback works. this is for Live view and events.
LOG:
2014-03-21 11:15:46.694518 web_js 16811 ERR getStreamCmdResponse stream error: socket_sendto( /tmp/zm/zms-936523s.sock ) failed: Connection refused - checkStreamForErrors() ?view=watch
2014-03-21 11:15:46.548283 web_php 16811 ERR socket_sendto( /tmp/zm/zms-936523s.sock ) failed: Connection refused /usr/share/zoneminder/includes/functions.php 2337

i am running ubuntu 12.04 (64 bit) server. ffmpeg version 0.10.11-7

Any Ideas? - Thanx
knight-of-ni

Re: No mpeg stream to Browser

Post by knight-of-ni »

I think that "connection refused" may be coming from the camera.
Make sure you've set up your camera url correctly. ffmpeg won't work if the camera requires digest authentication (try liblvc for that). When you switch your streaming over to ffmpeg, make abosoutley sure nothing else is trying to stream from the camera at the same time. Make sure your web browser isn't streaming, make sure you don't have a second monitor attempting to stream, etc.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
lar5

Post by lar5 »

thanks for the reply
If i understood right u think the problem is between Zoneminder and camera. I think I havent discribed my problem good enough. let me try to explain better:
Foscam FI8905 connected
general > source type: remote
source > Remote Protocol HTTP
Remote Host Path: /videostream.cgi?user=xx&pwd=xx&resolution=8

Now under Zoneminder options > Low B/W
WEB_L_STREAM_METHOD , I changed to mpeg.
If I now want watch 'Configured for Low Bandwidth' this ERROR comes and no stream is shown.
With 'Configured for Medium/High Bandwidth' which is still in mjpeg, the stream is shown.
ffmpeg exists and under Options > Images the right path is set.
This behavior happens as well if i want to watch recorded events. some how the on the fly transcoding is not working.
up to version 1.25 it worked. 1.26 and 1.27 not. i already tried debian 7, ubuntu 12.04 and 13.10. same thing.

Because of your post, latest try was to use a ffmpeg conection string to the cam (videostream.asf instead of cgi),
same thing: WEB_L_STREAM_METHOD jpeg is ok and as mpeg fails
Salwa

Post by Salwa »

Event date/time
Monitor ID and/or name
length of video in time and/or frames
full path to the event
filename of the video
kaleem