big system - 20-30 cameras

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
maciekc

big system - 20-30 cameras

Post by maciekc »

Hi!

I used 4 input card bt878 based, how many of them I can insert to PCI?
I tried only 3. I read that the maximum number of card inserted is 4. Do you have any experience with 5 or 6 cards?

Do you know some board that supports 8 or 16 cameras and works well with zoneminder?

I found spectra8 card.
Is it working with zoneminder with all 8 inputs at the same time?
Can I insert 4 cards at the same time?

Maybe you have some other solution?

Is there other chipset than bt878 that have good driver for linux?

Thanks for any solution!
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

I think you can use two or more Spectra cards in one computer provided you mix the different A, B, C or D types and not two As for instance. I've had them working with all eight inputs but then you're getting about half rate per input so about 10fps or so per camera. I think I saw a post a couple of weeks ago from someone who had a card with 8 full rate inputs but I don't recall what the make was. You should be able to find it by searching I think.

Phil
maciekc

Post by maciekc »

Thanks for reply.

I don't need high fps rate. I need only 2,5 fps. So I'm looking for card with 4*bt878 and 16 channels. Had somebody seen that kind of card?