Some problems about IP_Camera

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
NewBee

Some problems about IP_Camera

Post by NewBee »

My camera is D-Link Network Camera.When my laptop connected to the Zoneminder-1.25.0 through the wireless router,I found it get a picture every 15 seconds.That's not what I want.What I want is a real-time video.When I configured the Zoneminder,I added "sleep 15" before "zmfix -a" in "/etc/init.d/zoneminder".I don't know whether this is about.
Besides,the image of the monitor sometimes turns blue.
Please give me some suggestions about those problems.Thank you!
NewBee
mikb

Re: Some problems about IP_Camera

Post by mikb »

NewBee wrote:My camera is D-Link Network Camera.When my laptop connected to the Zoneminder-1.25.0 through the wireless router,I found it get a picture every 15 seconds.That's not what I want.What I want is a real-time video.When I configured the Zoneminder,I added "sleep 15" before "zmfix -a" in "/etc/init.d/zoneminder".I don't know whether this is about.
Besides,the image of the monitor sometimes turns blue.
Please give me some suggestions about those problems.Thank you!
NewBee
Can you try a wired connection, temporarily, to eliminate bad WiFi setup/channel overload/interference ?

Can you see the video/still output of the camera in something else, e.g. VLC or a web browser?

What do the logs say (/var/log/syslog, or /var/log/zm/zm.log) because ZM is very verbal about problems, and it will be telling you important stuff, you need to check there.

The "sleep 15" in /etc/init.d shouldn't affect this, it's coincidence - change it to sleep 30 (again, temporarily) and make sure -- if you get a picture every 30 seconds then I'm wrong!

It's real purpose is probably to delay the zmfix from running until other parts of ZM are up and firing on all cylinders.

One picture every 15 seconds is sucky. Blue screens are sucky. Sounds like an almost total failure to capture images from the camera.