EasyN FS613A-M105 IP camera setup issue?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
ScottBouch

EasyN FS613A-M105 IP camera setup issue?

Post by ScottBouch »

Hi all,

I'm new to this (In the UK). I am installing a camera as the "winter burglaries" have started again in our village. Last year on the lead up to Christmas was the first year we'd been hit hard (as a village) with several houses being burgled in the couple of months leading up to the big day. And this year, they have now started again in October...

Tech issues:

Having scoured the forum, wiki, and net, I'm still struggling to see any video from my camera using Zoneminder.

System:
Ubuntu 10.04 fresh install
Mozilla Firefox web browser
ZoneMinder 1.24 installed following the wiki

Camera:
EasyN FS613A-M105 looking down side alley of house
Connected via CAT6 Ethernet cable (Power Over Ethernet)
Wifi turned off.
IP address: 192.168.1.94
Port: 81

I can view the camera's video via web browsers via inbuilt web pages, you select which one depending on the browser / mobile device. also can view on android using Opera Mobile, and various IP camera apps.

Options presented:

View in Firefox:

This post here touches on similar issues, talks about using FFMPEG source instead of REMOTE: ubuntuandroidbits.blogspot(dot)co(dot)uk/2011/05/easyn-fs-613-webcam-installation(dot)html

I've tried loads of times to play with the source settings, but so far have not found a combination that works. I need to know if I have the right syntax for the host path, host name etc..

Have I bought a camera that's not compatible? It was one of the cheapest I could find on Ebay, about £40 GBP... Is ZoneMinder not for this camera?

Thanks, Scott.
Attachments
Screenshot-IPCam - Mozilla Firefox.jpg
Screenshot-IPCam - Mozilla Firefox.jpg (59.31 KiB) Viewed 6489 times
Screenshot-Device(IPCAM1) - Mozilla Firefox.png
Screenshot-Device(IPCAM1) - Mozilla Firefox.png (64.34 KiB) Viewed 6489 times
ScottBouch

Re: EasyN FS613A-M105 IP camera setup issue?

Post by ScottBouch »

This is the camera:

Cheers, Scott.
Attachments
EN06-6.jpg
EN06-6.jpg (52.55 KiB) Viewed 6481 times
chippy99

Post by chippy99 »

It should work. Think this is a Foscam clone so try looking at the wiki entries for setting up Foscam cameras.
ScottBouch

Post by ScottBouch »

chippy99 wrote:It should work. Think this is a Foscam clone so try looking at the wiki entries for setting up Foscam cameras.
Hi Chippy,

Thank you, I'll go and look up the notes on Foscam...

Cheers, Scott
ScottBouch

Post by ScottBouch »

GREAT NEWS!

This wiki entry fixed me!! http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.php/Foscam_Clones

I have been through about 4 or 5 Linux distro's before finding Ubuntu 10.04 suited the vintage of my machine the best.. Some pain, but a good learning experience.

So now I have a working vanilla install, with working Zoneminder! Now it's time to get the detection zone set up right, and make sure recording works ok, configure emails, etc...

Thanks again!!!!! :D :D :D
ScottBouch

Post by ScottBouch »

Hooray for Zoneminder!!!!

I wanna buy more cameras now!!

Thanks, Scott