no stream, no such file zms-xxxxxx.sock

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.26.x releases only.
hingerl

no stream, no such file zms-xxxxxx.sock

Post by hingerl »

if i set a monitors function to none/disabled or none/enabled and try to view a event from this monitor, i get no stream, with this entry in log
getCmdResponse stream error: socket_sendto( /tmp/zm/zms-532173s.sock ) failed: No such file or directory - checkStreamForErrors()
socket_sendto( /tmp/zm/zms-532173s.sock ) failed: No such file or directory

this only happens if i have a state where the monitor is none. If i activate this state, i get this error.
If i set the monitors function to monitor and then to none, if have a stream.
And then activate the state (with this monitor none), the stream is not here.

has anyone the same problem.
can anyone try this

Thanks
Painter

Re: no stream, no such file zms-xxxxxx.sock

Post by Painter »

I had the same error but no stream under any combination.
Everything started after i decided to go to zoneminder 1.26.4 (or 3) from 1.25 under ubuntu 13:04 abd since two days ago under ubuntu 13.10.
My /usr/local/etc/zoneminder.conf, my /etc/apache2/conf.d/zoneminder.conf and my build configuration(if i remember well) as i build it from source was pointing to /var/www/cgi-bin for the cgi-bin folder.
Zm was capturing and i was able to see the frames but no streaming no matter what i did.
Today i found in the /var/log/apache2/error.log that zm was looking for zms under /usr/lib/cgi-bin

[Sat Oct 19 12:50:21.376566 2013] [cgi:error] [pid 1308] [client 10.20.217.56:63008] script not found or unable to stat: /usr/lib/cgi-bin/zms, referer: http://10.20.217.1/zm/index.php?view=watch&mid=1

I copied my zms & nph-zms from /var/www/cgi-bin, made sure that the user and group was www-data with the proper permissions (user/group could defer in your case) and that's it. Not even needed to restart zoneminder streaming started to work again.
Didn't bother to confirm that during build i indeed use the /var/www/cgi-bin but that is what i remember.
I searched but most solutions to the problem was pointing to wrong script alias under the zoneminder apache configuration but that was not my case.

Stefanos
hingerl

Post by hingerl »

thank you stefanos,

thats not my problem; i have zms in both directories:

Code: Select all

lrwxrwxrwx 1 www-data www-data 27 Sep 18 16:16 nph-zms -> /var/www/zm/cgi-bin/nph-zms
lrwxrwxrwx 1 www-data www-data 23 Sep 18 16:16 zms -> /var/www/zm/cgi-bin/zms
zm3:/usr/lib/cgi-bin# 
i can see the streams.
only if change the state for example: from night (all cams modect) to day (all cams none) then no stream. if i change back to night (all cams modect) i can see the streams.

apache2/error.log:

Code: Select all

[Mon Oct 21 13:43:42 2013] [error] [client 172.25.*.*] ERR [socket_sendto( /tmp/zm/zms-782550s.sock ) failed: No such file or directory], referer: //172.25.*.*/zm/index.php?view=event&eid=21627&filter[terms][0][attr]=MonitorId&filter[terms][0][op]=%3D&filter[terms][0][val]=1&sort_field=StartTime&sort_asc=0&page=1
ok: i see zms-782550s.sock apear in /tmp/zm, seconds later it disapears.
Strange
lpallard

Post by lpallard »

Exact same problem over here with a Slackware install.

Have you found out yet the solution? Im thinking about a reinstall and some other things to try, I will post back when I have tried them.
hingerl

Post by hingerl »

cool :-)
lpallard

Post by lpallard »

OK perhaps this is not related to the socket_sendto errors, but reinstalling (properly this time ;) libjpeg-turbo seems to make everything work as normal... no more of these errors except when I restart the service (zmpkg.pl restart), then I see a few of them being thrown in the logs, but a few seconds later, all is back to normal.

Other than that, I havent modified anything else since last time..

Of course I recompiled ZM to make sure it would use the freshly installed libjpeg-install. Ill keep an eye out for these annoying errors and post back if I find something.