MOCORD not breaking video into segments

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
drose25

MOCORD not breaking video into segments

Post by drose25 »

I have recently started encountering this odd problem. All of my cameras are set to mocord and, historically, the video for each is broken into ~600 second segments. On a couple of cameras recently, however, it seems it is getting stuck and continues to record to one giant video. You can see from the screenshot where one has 211k seconds, spanning a couple of days, until I restarted ZM to clear it.

Any idea what causes this or how it can be fixed? Or what I should search the logs for? :D
Attachments
zone.jpg
zone.jpg (211.41 KiB) Viewed 3404 times
bb99

Re: MOCORD not breaking video into segments

Post by bb99 »

Try repairing the database, I suspect it has become corrupted. The forums, and wiki have Mysql instructions and phpmyadmin works well also.
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

I would suggest your segment end setting is set to idle? if so it was in alarm for a long period. Set to time instead.
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
drose25

Post by drose25 »

Thanks for the segment length suggestion. I checked the Misc tab and my section lengths are all set to 600 seconds, not idle.

So far the problem has not re-occurred since I restarted ZM. If it does, I will try to database repair suggestion from bb99.
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

drose its not there its in config iirc. idle/alarm/time.

Id agree it could be a db issue and would advise running a mysqlcheck to be sure. Have you had a powerdown?
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
drose25

Post by drose25 »

Thanks! Found that setting in the Config section. I switched it to Time and re-started, so hopefully this issue won't repeat.

I did also run an auto-repair on the database. Everything reported OK, so I'm guessing the tables were fine.