StartUp Scripts

Add any particular hints or tricks you have found to help with your ZoneMinder experience.
rip

StartUp Scripts

Post by rip »

I figured I would ask rather than reinvent the wheel. I have looked around and didn't find an answer (but did not go though all 33 pages of returned results, call me impatient.)

I need to run some v4l2-ctl commands to get my cameras in their preferred state. The card defaults to 1/2 resolution, so I just need to do a one liner for each analog input setting 640x480. No big deal.

It works find from the command line, but what's the consensus or preferred method for scripting this?

I'm inclined to just hack in a /bin/sh /path/to/script.sh into /etc/init.d/zoneminder under startup, so a restart would also load the v4l2 settings again just in case. But this seems a bit inelegant, so is there a better or preferred way? Being linux, I know there is at least a 1/2 dozen different ways to accomplish this.

I'm not an IT noob, but noobish in ZM, so I was surprised I didn't see a startup script built into the menus somewhere, or completely missed it.