Mageia 2 released with ZoneMinder

Support and queries relating to third party Live CDs and DVD, VM images and other packaged distributions
Barry Jackson

Mageia 2 released with ZoneMinder

Post by Barry Jackson »

The new release of Mageia includes ZoneMinder in the repositories.
http://www.mageia.org/en/

Mageia's ZoneMinder package has been developed to make the installation and setup of ZoneMinder as simple as possible. It also includes the performance patch by Kfir Itzhak.
Installation is simple using the Mageia Control Centre, or using command line, after which a small setup script may be run in a terminal using:-

Code: Select all

$ su
(enter root password)
# zmsetup
After answering a few questions ZoneMinder will be started ready for use.

I have had this running with 9 analogue cameras on a dedicated server for several months during the final development of Mageia 2.

Enjoy!
Yes - I have donated!
bb99

Re: Mageia 2 released with ZoneMinder

Post by bb99 »

Thank you. This will help huge for those having trouble building from scratch and a bonus with the performance patch included! I see it's also available over at LinuxTracker.org. I'm seeing 2+ MB/s downloads with lot's of activity (seeds). Just added another fat pipe to help speed up torrent downloads.

Edit: I did have to work through repository and permission problems to get working but it definitely is working.
Last edited by bb99 on Wed May 23, 2012 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PacoLM

Post by PacoLM »

Barry Jackson wrote:The new release of Mageia includes ZoneMinder in the repositories.
http://www.mageia.org/en/

Mageia's ZoneMinder package has been developed to make the installation and setup of ZoneMinder as simple as possible. It also includes the performance patch by Kfir Itzhak.
Installation is simple using the Mageia Control Centre, or using command line, after which a small setup script may be run in a terminal using:-

Code: Select all

$ su
(enter root password)
# zmsetup
After answering a few questions ZoneMinder will be started ready for use.

I have had this running with 9 analogue cameras on a dedicated server for several months during the final development of Mageia 2.

Enjoy!
Is there a ARM version of this OS?

After more than 15 years, no longer using ZM as surveillance system.
Now in the dark side, using a commercial system...
Barry Jackson

Post by Barry Jackson »

PacoLM wrote: Is there a ARM version of this OS?
Not at the moment, however the build platform has just been added and is now ready.
So, it is coming soon.
Yes - I have donated!
PacoLM

Post by PacoLM »

I can't wait to test it in my guruplug/cubox!
Keep posting about advances, please.

After more than 15 years, no longer using ZM as surveillance system.
Now in the dark side, using a commercial system...
Barry Jackson

Post by Barry Jackson »

PacoLM wrote:I can't wait to test it in my guruplug/cubox!
Keep posting about advances, please.
I am waiting for a Raspberry Pi to play with - I will post any news here.
Yes - I have donated!
tibetfreedom

Post by tibetfreedom »

bb99 wrote:
Edit: I did have to work through repository and permission problems to get working but it definitely is working.
what were these issues ?
I'm going to try this… !
bb99

Post by bb99 »

I did not choose the default repository (mirror) when installing. The one I did use didn't have ZM so I changed several times until I found one that did. Permissions: I really don't remember details, had to chmod www-data best I can remember. The logs view pushed me though these (very handy). ZM did work from the link provided at the end of runing the installation script above but I'm guessing that is running as root....
tibetfreedom

Post by tibetfreedom »

Very Nice…
I like the distro' a lot…
One thing about the ZM installation I can't see it from outside the box, I can see it from the box, the web server does not server up to anyone outside the system….

Thanks...
tibetfreedom

Post by tibetfreedom »

tibetfreedom wrote:Very Nice…
I like the distro' a lot…
One thing about the ZM installation I can't see it from outside the box, I can see it from the box, the web server does not server up to anyone outside the system….

Thanks...
Ok seems a definite bug in mageia here, web loads fine on the system but you cannot access from outside / another machine…

There must be a really simple fix for this…
tibetfreedom

Post by tibetfreedom »

bb99 wrote:
I think I have the same issue…

Sorry, I just needed to open the firewall…
Wow is this package great…
Thanks,
I will be using for all my Linux needs, thanks to the Magia team…
Everything works in a few minutes even eyezm for remote viewing of monitors….
bb99

Post by bb99 »

I build and test everyone that's posted (mostly). I usually won't post back if it's for the faint of heart. Hard part of this one was the multiple pallette choices.... This one's good enough that I'm still supporting the distro at linuxtracker.org.
tibetfreedom

Post by tibetfreedom »

bb99 wrote:I build and test everyone that's posted (mostly). I usually won't post back if it's for the faint of heart. Hard part of this one was the multiple pallette choices.... This one's good enough that I'm still supporting the distro at linuxtracker.org.
any pointer to recompiling with ffmpeg for eyezm ( have done this manually for my previous debian zone minder boxes)
kfelgs

Post by kfelgs »

Your disto is working just great with my Atom processor motherboard and a Kodicom 8 channel video capture card. Thanks for putting this together. :D
Barry Jackson

Post by Barry Jackson »

any pointer to recompiling with ffmpeg for eyezm ( have done this manually for my previous debian zone minder boxes)
There are two versions of Zoneminder in the repositories - the one you are looking for is in the "Tainted" repository.

Enable the Tainted repository from the Mageia Control Centre and update your system. This will install the Tainted build of ZoneMinder.
There is also a package for httpsegmenter in Cauldron (development repos) which is apparently needed for eyeZM. This will be available in future releases of Mageia.

I know that you now know all this from our contact though the Mageia forum, however I thought it best to put the answer here for anyone else following the thread.
Yes - I have donated!