Stops recording if one frame has no movement detected

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
lyallp

Stops recording if one frame has no movement detected

Post by lyallp »

I have ZM 1.25 setup on a Gentoo linux box using a MSI StarCam 370i in a hobby situation.

I find that it seems to record motion events as multiple events if the motion ceases to be detected for one frame, resulting in the end of the motion event, 5 (configured) subsequent frames, then a new event starting immediately.

Is there a parameter I can set to make ZM keep looking for motion for a number of frames before deciding the motion event has finished? If someone is standing around, I can have as many as 4 separate events for the one person.

I currently have my alarm frame count set to 9 so that I ignore passers by and I also have a small exclusion zone setup to ignore lights going on and off.

Thanks, in advance.
...Lyall
bb99

Re: Stops recording if one frame has no movement detected

Post by bb99 »

Set your monitor::buffers::Post Event Image Count setting to a much higher number. At 10 fps I'm using 140 as a base number; this eliminates the multiple events and will combine them to one. This is not truly a buffer and will not cause a problem with Image Buffer Size.
lyallp

Post by lyallp »

This means I will end up with 140 images after the motion detection ceases for each event.
At least that is how I understand it.
What I would like to have is 'check for motion for this many frames before deciding motion has stopped' type of parameter.
Then, once 'motion' has ceased, then I would have my 10 post images. (or in your case, 140).
...Lyall
bb99

Post by bb99 »

This is exactly what your asking for. Set it to ten if you want or 50; play around, you'll find a happy median.
lyallp

Post by lyallp »

Ok, I tried the setting at 50 frames, all the motion is captured in one event, which is exactly what I am looking for, but, it still has 50 frames of no motion at the end of the clip, which is not what I wanted. I wanted only 10 frames of follow up frames.

So what I was looking for was the ability to look for up to 50 frames for additional movement, if none was found, to only record 10 frames after the final movement.

I guess there is no way to achieve this?
...Lyall
bb99

Post by bb99 »

Nope. This is the only current way; but actually yours is a good request for a future feature.
whatboy

Post by whatboy »

>>ability to look for up to 50 frames for additional movement
>>if none was found, to only record 10 frames

Try this two... "Overload Frame Ignore Count" and "Post Event Image Count"