TW6805 card - xawtv OK - zmu OK - ZM does not display images

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
c0nf

Post by c0nf »

c0nf wrote:im running ubuntu 10.10 server, and when i try to make driver for my tw6805, this is what happened.

root@server:~/tw68-v2# make
make -C /lib/modules/2.6.35-27-generic-pae/build M=/root/tw68-v2 modules
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.35-27-generic-pae'
CC [M] /root/tw68-v2/tw68-core.o
/root/tw68-v2/tw68-core.c: In function ‘tw68_dma_free’:
/root/tw68-v2/tw68-core.c:113: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘videobuf_waiton’ from incompatible pointer type
include/media/videobuf-core.h:172: note: expected ‘struct videobuf_buffer *’ but argument is of type ‘struct videobuf_queue *’
/root/tw68-v2/tw68-core.c:113: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘videobuf_waiton’ makes integer from pointer without a cast
include/media/videobuf-core.h:172: note: expected ‘int’ but argument is of type ‘struct videobuf_buffer *’
/root/tw68-v2/tw68-core.c:113: error: too many arguments to function ‘videobuf_waiton’
make[2]: *** [/root/tw68-v2/tw68-core.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [_module_/root/tw68-v2] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.35-27-generic-pae'
make: *** [all] Error 2

can anyone help me with this error ?
nevermind guys
im trying http://gitorious.org/~enjoy/tw68/tw68-v2-lucid-tw6804 now, and it seem work...
wlady

Re: TW6805 card - xawtv OK - zmu OK - ZM does not display im

Post by wlady »

Hello,

I've a TW6805A chip based card with 16 outputs. Installed correctly with Andreoli driver's under ubuntu 10.10, system added 8 inputs to dev dir (video0 - video7) and it works correctly only if I use one camera for every input device. When I add second camera on same video device (on zm channel1) the image alternates colours and b/w and sometime strange purple stripes appears. Anyone had same problem and has managed to solve it?
Also I've got a system iso from a complete DVR that use a soft linux distro (don't know which) and seems to works perfectly with techwell 68xx cards. I'd want to extract module driver from it but my linux knowledge are too low, is ther anyone capable to do it?

thanks
bb99

Post by bb99 »

Adjust options::config::CAPTURES_PER_FRAME to a value of two or more.
ZM_CAPTURES_PER_FRAME

If you are using cameras attached to a video capture card which forces multiple inputs to share one capture chip, it can sometimes produce images with interlaced frames reversed resulting in poor image quality and a distinctive comb edge appearance. Increasing this setting allows you to force additional image captures before one is selected as the captured frame. This allows the capture hardware to 'settle down' and produce better quality images at the price of lesser capture rates. This option has no effect on (a) network cameras, or (b) where multiple inputs do not share a capture chip. This option addresses a similar problem to the ZM_V4L_MULTI_BUFFER option and you should normally change the value of only one of the options at a time.
wlady

Post by wlady »

I've already tried with 2,3 and 4 with no success. I've no interlaced frames, problem is with colors. With two cameras on same device images become in grayscale with only few frames in full color and this annoying purple/blu stripes effect at regular intervals.
bb99 wrote:Adjust options::config::CAPTURES_PER_FRAME to a value of two or more.
ZM_CAPTURES_PER_FRAME

If you are using cameras attached to a video capture card which forces multiple inputs to share one capture chip, it can sometimes produce images with interlaced frames reversed resulting in poor image quality and a distinctive comb edge appearance. Increasing this setting allows you to force additional image captures before one is selected as the captured frame. This allows the capture hardware to 'settle down' and produce better quality images at the price of lesser capture rates. This option has no effect on (a) network cameras, or (b) where multiple inputs do not share a capture chip. This option addresses a similar problem to the ZM_V4L_MULTI_BUFFER option and you should normally change the value of only one of the options at a time.
bb99

Post by bb99 »

Did you also try disabling ZM_V4L_MULTI_BUFFER?
ZM_V4L_MULTI_BUFFER

Performance when using Video 4 Linux devices is usually best if multiple buffers are used allowing the next image to be captured while the previous one is being processed. If you have multiple devices on a card sharing one input that requires switching then this approach can sometimes cause frames from one source to be mixed up with frames from another. Switching this option off prevents multi buffering resulting in slower but more stable image capture. This option is ignored for non-local cameras or if only one input is present on a capture chip. This option addresses a similar problem to the ZM_CAPTURES_PER_FRAME option and you should normally change the value of only one of the options at a time.
wlady

Post by wlady »

yes, I did. Also I've tried to decrease camera resolution and set different palette
bb99 wrote:Did you also try disabling ZM_V4L_MULTI_BUFFER?
ZM_V4L_MULTI_BUFFER

Performance when using Video 4 Linux devices is usually best if multiple buffers are used allowing the next image to be captured while the previous one is being processed. If you have multiple devices on a card sharing one input that requires switching then this approach can sometimes cause frames from one source to be mixed up with frames from another. Switching this option off prevents multi buffering resulting in slower but more stable image capture. This option is ignored for non-local cameras or if only one input is present on a capture chip. This option addresses a similar problem to the ZM_CAPTURES_PER_FRAME option and you should normally change the value of only one of the options at a time.
bb99

Post by bb99 »

Also I've tried to decrease camera resolution and set different palette
Just guessing: All monitors set up on a single device (chip), using different channels, must be configured exactly the same with the exception of the channel number. An example: a monitor using /dev/video0 channel 0 and another monitor using /dev/video0 channel 1 must be set up identical to each other.
wlady

Post by wlady »

yes, I've configured all the monitors with the same specifications
bb99 wrote:
Also I've tried to decrease camera resolution and set different palette
Just guessing: All monitors set up on a single device (chip), using different channels, must be configured exactly the same with the exception of the channel number. An example: a monitor using /dev/video0 channel 0 and another monitor using /dev/video0 channel 1 must be set up identical to each other.
whatboy

Post by whatboy »

What are the settings for the cameras???

V4L v2???
RGB or BGR???

Are both cameras have the same settings???
wlady

Post by wlady »

tried with both v4l and v4l_v2 and all palettes setting
whatboy wrote:What are the settings for the cameras???

V4L v2???
RGB or BGR???

Are both cameras have the same settings???
gola10

Post by gola10 »

I also have a TW6805 card. 8 chips 16 channels. If i connect two cameras to the same chip or simple enable the second channel on a chop. both channels become gray (no color). but if only channel 0 is declared on zonemonder, there is color image.
wlady

Post by wlady »

gola10 wrote:I also have a TW6805 card. 8 chips 16 channels. If i connect two cameras to the same chip or simple enable the second channel on a chop. both channels become gray (no color). but if only channel 0 is declared on zonemonder, there is color image.
Same problem here and still not solved. I think it's a driver issue, I've tried all possible settings!
kingofkya

Post by kingofkya »

I really hope this driver gets in the main stream kernel finally got one myself. The techwell cards are mutch better than the old bttv we have all been useing and the techwells are stupid cheap.
I get 7.5 FPS out of a Teachwell6805 chip on my bttv i got 4.5. Sharing 1 chip with 2 cams. Wow.

Any idea if the Techwell6868 is suported? PCI-E and 4 inputs on a chip.
Gesukkel

Post by Gesukkel »

Hi everyone, need some help with my TW card.

OS Ubuntu Server 10.04
Card, 8 channel using 8 x TechWell 6802b chips (what is printed on the chip)

Installed the drivers from gitorious
lspci says it is a 6804/6805
02:0b.0 Multimedia video controller: Techwell Inc. Device 6804 (rev 10)

02:0b.1 Multimedia controller: Techwell Inc. Device 6805 (rev 10)

dmesg says it is a 6804

[ 6.512272] tw68 0000:02:0b.0: PCI INT A -> GSI 16 (level, low) -> IRQ 16

[ 6.512283] tw6804[7]: found at 0000:02:0b.0, rev: 16, irq: 16, latency: 96, mmio: 0xd100e000

[ 6.512293] tw6804[7]: subsystem: 0000:0000, board: GENERIC [card=0,autodetected]

[ 6.512328] tw6804[7]: Unable to determine board type, using generic values

[ 6.616034] IRQ 16/tw6804[7]: IRQF_DISABLED is not guaranteed on shared IRQs

[ 6.616168] tw6804[7]: registered device video8 [v4l2]

[ 6.616214] tw6804[7]: registered device vbi8

But I also get this in dmesg
[ 2118.304047] tw6804[0]/0: [f0074c00/1] timeout - dma=0x30138000

[ 2118.304051] tw6804[0]/0: [f0074e40/2] timeout - dma=0x30027000

The card appears to work, but when there is movement, for instance someone walking past the camera, then the edge of the moving part (person in this case) is zigzag with black lines in, the rest of the image is fine.

If my description of the problem is a bit unclear I can post one of the captured images.

Any suggestions?
tijuca

Post by tijuca »

can you poste a longer (complete?) part of dmesg and /var/log//syslog on pastebin?