Colour not working

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
cordel

Post by cordel »

Yeah I would think so. There is also the possibility that the camera uses a differant size than the card.
gungner

Post by gungner »

but if the size works with Grey, why should it not work with colour? doesn't make any sense. I can use the same size and colour with camstream, but zmc crashes with exit code=255. What more can I do?

cheers,
tord
cordel

Post by cordel »

In your options under the Config tab try unchecking the ZM_STRICT_VIDEO_CONFIG and see if that helps.

It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt.
-Mark Twain
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

One thing to be careful of is that if you have your settings set to grey then the shared memory is allocated as WxHx1 per frame. If you then change to colour this needs to be WxHx3 per frame. This means that the shared memory storage needs to grow, which it can't so it is destroyed and recreated. However if something is hanging onto the segment (such as a zms streaking daemon) then this doesn't happen.

When doing any change that results in a higher storage requirement it is always safest to restart ZM completely. This is assuming you don't just have the shared memory limit problem detailed in the FAQ and README.

Phil
gungner

Post by gungner »

Cheers :D It works now! The trick was to restart ZM after changing to RGB24, it now works like a dream!

Thanks again for helping me out.

Cheers,
tord
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Good. I think I should probably make that a bit clearer in the docs.

Phil