[SOLVED] How to create a motion detect zone in ZM?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
coinbird

Re: [SOLVED] How to create a motion detect zone in ZM?

Post by coinbird »

It also fixed the issue for me. :mrgreen: Thank you Kialne!
bigdaddy30

Post by bigdaddy30 »

Worked for me as well. Awesome, thanks!
AnotherBrian

Post by AnotherBrian »

For future reference, I am curious how one would discover the solution to this on their own.

I am guessing that some sort of php trace function can be activated that displays the code that is executing or something other.

How would one activate the trace function (i.e., where is it activated) assuming that is how it is done.

Thx!
JakFrost

Post by JakFrost »

Fixed my issue also on Ubuntu 11.04 with Zoneminder 1.24.2.

I posted a bug report about this package: Zoneminder 1.24.2-8ubuntu1 package - bug 806101

(Can't post URL to bug report because stupid forum thinks it's spam link.)
Scorpey

Post by Scorpey »

Grac Gays!!!
eldustino

Re: How to create a motion detect zone in ZM?

Post by eldustino »

Kialne wrote:Hello Guys,

2) 'mootools.js' and 'mootools-more.js' are links pointing respectively to 'mootools-core.min.js' and 'mootools-more.min.js'.
- this 2 pieces of code don't give me any working results. I replace it by 'mootools-core-nc.js' and 'mootools-more-nc.js'.

And then, creation of motion detect zones is now working for me when I modify the file
'/usr/share/zoneminder/skins/classic/includes/functions.php' in this way :

Code: Select all

<script type="text/javascript" src="../javascript/mootools/mootools-core-nc.js"></script>
  <script type="text/javascript" src="../javascript/mootools/mootools-more-nc.js"></script>
I hope my experience can help you.
With best regards,
Kialne
(location Tubize, near from Brussels, Belgium)
Thanks Kialne, working much better for me, though still a little buggy with the zones. On #2, did you mean that you replaced those symlinks or did you just modify functions.php. You said "and then" so I'm not 100% sure.

Thanks much!
fmas

Post by fmas »

Many thanks for this fix, it worked for me (Ubuntu 11.04 and ZM 1.24.2). Incidently, it also seems to have fixed an issue with some 'montage' options. Prior to the fix, I could only get my monitors in a 1-column layout, whereas the layout now behaves as expected from the pull-down menu.
kfelgs

Post by kfelgs »

Thank you Kialne :D . This fixed the same problem I was having in my Linux Mint 11 Debian ZM setup.
carteriii

Post by carteriii »

I want to add some information here since this thread also helped me.

For starters, Unbuntu has an apache2 configuration file in /etc/apache2/conf.d named javascript-common.conf. This creates an alias from /javascript to /usr/share/javascript. So when you see any web page referencing something at /javascript/<somewhere>, that does NOT mean it is coming from the /usr/share/zoneminder folder. That's why creating /usr/share/zoneminder/mootools doesn't work.

It's a subtle thing, but you have to notice the path to load the mootools files starts with "/javascript/mootools" (with a leading slash) rather than just "javascript/mootools" (for a relative path, no leading slash). That leading slash puts it at the root level, and the apache alias takes over at that point.

Now at the core of all our problems is the use of mootools-core.min.js vs. mootoos-core-nc.js. The "min" version has been minified, to reduce the size of the file. The minification process removes comments, unnecessary whitespace, and often renames functions to something shorter. It appears that something about that minification process is simply broken on the ubuntu distribution, at least for our use with ZoneMinder. I'm assuming this has nothing to do with ZoneMinder. I suspect the appropriate place to report a problem would be in the core distribution of mootools (not ZM).

On the assumption that the minified versions are just corrupt in some manner, I've chosen to change my symlink in /usr/share/javascript to point to the non-minified version so that nothing else will use them. That leaves my ZoneMinder source alone, which is fine otherwise.
ooseven

Re: How to create a motion detect zone in ZM?

Post by ooseven »

Kialne wrote:Hello Guys,

Using Ubuntu 11.04, ZoneMinder v1.24.2. and the version of mootools installed by Ubuntu (libjs-mootools 1.2.5~debian1.2) :

1) 'mootools' is installed in '/usr/share/javascript/mootools' :
- it's necessary to modify the file '/usr/share/zoneminder/skins/classic/includes/functions.php' in order
to help 'zoneminder' to find the location of 'mootools'.
2) 'mootools.js' and 'mootools-more.js' are links pointing respectively to 'mootools-core.min.js' and 'mootools-more.min.js'.
- this 2 pieces of code don't give me any working results. I replace it by 'mootools-core-nc.js' and 'mootools-more-nc.js'.

And then, creation of motion detect zones is now working for me when I modify the file
'/usr/share/zoneminder/skins/classic/includes/functions.php' in this way :

Code: Select all

<script type="text/javascript" src="../javascript/mootools/mootools-core-nc.js"></script>
  <script type="text/javascript" src="../javascript/mootools/mootools-more-nc.js"></script>
Please explain in detail how to do this. I am new. I have ubuntu 12.04 32 bit installed.
I need in detail how to set it up. I have the console so I can go in and see all is green but
the monitor which is purple.

Thank You

ooseven

I hope my experience can help you.
With best regards,
Kialne
(location Tubize, near from Brussels, Belgium)