Release 1.24.3 preview

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
mastertheknife

Re: Release 1.24.3 preview

Post by mastertheknife »

Flash_ wrote:I don't have any spare servers to play with this, but
o FEATURE - Mapped memory (versus shared) is now the default.
Should cut down on at least half the support questions!

Thank you - great to see things moving again around here!
Agreed.
Another good move to cut down support requests would be to modify ZM to remove the requirement for php short tags enabled.

EDIT: There's an issue when using mapped memory. zmwatch.pl doesn't free file handles. See here: http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=67869

mastertheknife
Kfir Itzhak.
War3333

Post by War3333 »

I have a little problem with the events player.
It seem to crash firefox 4.0 everytime i chose a rate.
It plays perfectly at the normal rate, but when I choose a 3/4x 1/2x 2/4x rate the browser crash after a second or two.
wwwutz

Release 1.24.3 preview: ZM_V4L2 undefined in monitorprobe.ph

Post by wwwutz »

Hi, I get the following error when 'Probe'ing a Monitor:

Notice: Use of undefined constant ZM_V4L2 - assumed 'ZM_V4L2' in /amd/palle/1/project/zm/2011-03/zm/html/skins/classic/views/monitorprobe.php on line 30
Unable to probe network cameras, status is '127'

Code: Select all

$ find . -type f | xargs grep ZM_V4L2
only finds it in ./web/skins/classic/views/monitorprobe.php where it would like to be if ()'ed 8-(

Peter
mastertheknife

Post by mastertheknife »

War3333 wrote:I have a little problem with the events player.
It seem to crash firefox 4.0 everytime i chose a rate.
It plays perfectly at the normal rate, but when I choose a 3/4x 1/2x 2/4x rate the browser crash after a second or two.
Hi, please enable debugging level 9 and provide a debug log of the zms process when you change scale.

mastertheknife.
Kfir Itzhak.
peeedeee

Post by peeedeee »

I don't know if this is the right place to report a bug, but for years now there is a really nasty bug in the dutch translation, at line 265.

Enabled is translated as "Disabled" ...which makes it very difficult (especially for a newbie) to debug, if your camera isn't working out of the box.

Could this be fixed before the next release? The line should be:
'Enabled' => 'Ingeschakeld',

Thanks.
MichaelTiemann

Post by MichaelTiemann »

I'm happy to report that I'm using ZM 1.24.3 preview --with-mmap and otherwise mostly defaults. After discovering that many things I wanted (axis camera motion detection, ptz control, etc) are available via the options tab, and do not need source code intervention, I can give a +1 that 1.24.3 is ready for release.

A few things would make first-time users with Axis cameras happier:

1. There's no 'Control' tab in the Monitor Source window unless the "Control PTZ" option is clicked in the options file. I recommend having a Control Tab that presents the option to enable control, and when active, brings up all the other parameters. Going way over to the options tab, checking a box, and then coming back makes it easy to miss.

2. Ditto on motion detection. I patched the source according to advice on this board to launch zmtrigger.pl myself. I didn't need to do that, but I needed to find an obscure option over in the options tab. Why is this not part of the Monitor dialog?

3. The number of image buffers defines how much shared memory Zoneminder gives to the monitors. One can easily change this to a smaller number--Zoneminder doesn't complain when allocating less memory than initially requested. But if you change from the starting value (default 40) to one frame more, the monitor goes red because Zoneminder cannot request more memory than the initial allocation. Either there should be a note that increasing the value requires restarting zoneminder or when changing the value, Zoneminder should drop and reallocate the Monitor's shared memory segment.

Thanks for the great resource!
MichaelTiemann

Post by MichaelTiemann »

I'd like to add that down in the skins/classic/views/js directory I made some improvements to watch.js.php and montage.js.php.

I cannot post what they are because the forum bots think that the php code I post is too "spammy" for such a newbie. (It sees an angle bracket and thinks I'm opening up a URL.) Maybe it will let me post this one line from watch.php.js:

var SOUND_ON_ALARM = "<?= ZM_WEB_SOUND_ON_ALARM ?>";

Note the "" around the initializer? That makes things parsable when ZM_WEB_SOUND_ON_ALARM is blank (as it was in my set of defaults).
kevin_robson

Post by kevin_robson »

If ZM is back in development, is there any chance of seeing if a fix for this issue can be rolled in?
http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... 21&t=15203

It was working pre 1.24, but 1.24 broke it.

Issue is to do with running multiple monitors off one card input - I use it to have one monitor to monitor most events but without false alarms, and another monitor to work with with less sensitivity so I can see all events including false alarms if I know something happened at a particular time.

The background for how this was implemented/added is in this thread.
http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... sc&start=0
I assume the changes made in this thread just need to be replicated into the later versions, or maybe it isn't that simple.

Would be good if this can be made to work though, as it is stopping me from upgrading to 1.24

Thanks
mastertheknife

Post by mastertheknife »

kevin_robson wrote:If ZM is back in development, is there any chance of seeing if a fix for this issue can be rolled in?
http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... 21&t=15203

It was working pre 1.24, but 1.24 broke it.

Issue is to do with running multiple monitors off one card input - I use it to have one monitor to monitor most events but without false alarms, and another monitor to work with with less sensitivity so I can see all events including false alarms if I know something happened at a particular time.

The background for how this was implemented/added is in this thread.
http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... sc&start=0
I assume the changes made in this thread just need to be replicated into the later versions, or maybe it isn't that simple.

Would be good if this can be made to work though, as it is stopping me from upgrading to 1.24

Thanks
Actually this functionality is still in ZM. Looking at the patch he wrote for you and comparing it with current ZM code, its still there, not sure why its not working for you. Maybe it broke over the years.
Have you tried playing with the capture settings, and trying V4L1 as well as V4L2?

mastertheknife.
Kfir Itzhak.
lvthunder

Post by lvthunder »

Well I screwed up my install trying to upgrade. Here's what I did.

Installed Ubuntu Server 11.04 64bit (this computer is only for zm)

Installed ZM from apt-get

Verified it worked. It was version 1.24.2

Downloaded and extracted 1.24.3

zmpkg.pl stop

Went through http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.ph ... _Cambozola
with these sections:
Optimize GCC compiler
Install prerequisites from repositories
Install libjpeg-turbo
Configure Lib Paths
Install Perl Modules

./configure --with-webdir=/usr/share/zonminder --with-cgidir=/usr/share/zonminder/cgi-bin

make install

zmupdate.pl --version=1.24.2

zmpkg.pl start

and now when I goto the site it says "Could not open config file."

I'm trying to get 1.24.3 so I can use the iPhone App.
PacoLM

Post by PacoLM »

lvthunder wrote: ./configure --with-webdir=/usr/share/zonminder --with-cgidir=/usr/share/zonminder/cgi-bin
Typo?, check your paths!
lvthunder wrote: ./configure --with-webdir=/usr/share/zoneminder --with-cgidir=/usr/share/zoneminder/cgi-bin

After more than 15 years, no longer using ZM as surveillance system.
Now in the dark side, using a commercial system...
grmela

Post by grmela »

Hi there, I can't compile ZoneMinder SVN revision 3337 with FFmpeg revision 29638 or the stock ffmpeg package. I'm running freshly updated CentOS 5.6 x86_64.

The make always fails at this error:

make
 cd . && /bin/sh ./config.status Makefile 
config.status: creating Makefile
make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/gum/net/zm'
Making all in src
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/gum/net/zm/src'
 cd .. && /bin/sh ./config.status src/Makefile depfiles
config.status: creating src/Makefile
config.status: executing depfiles commands
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/gum/net/zm/src'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/gum/net/zm/src'
if g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..  -I/usr/include -I/usr/include -Wall -Wno-sign-compare -fno-inline -I/usr/include -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS  -g -O2 -MT zmc.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/zmc.Tpo" -c -o zmc.o zmc.cpp; \
	then mv -f ".deps/zmc.Tpo" ".deps/zmc.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/zmc.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..  -I/usr/include -I/usr/include -Wall -Wno-sign-compare -fno-inline -I/usr/include -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS  -g -O2 -MT zm_event.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/zm_event.Tpo" -c -o zm_event.o zm_event.cpp; \
	then mv -f ".deps/zm_event.Tpo" ".deps/zm_event.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/zm_event.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..  -I/usr/include -I/usr/include -Wall -Wno-sign-compare -fno-inline -I/usr/include -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS  -g -O2 -MT zm_ffmpeg_camera.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/zm_ffmpeg_camera.Tpo" -c -o zm_ffmpeg_camera.o zm_ffmpeg_camera.cpp; \
	then mv -f ".deps/zm_ffmpeg_camera.Tpo" ".deps/zm_ffmpeg_camera.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/zm_ffmpeg_camera.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
zm_ffmpeg_camera.cpp: In member function ‘virtual int FfmpegCamera::PrimeCapture()’:
zm_ffmpeg_camera.cpp:105: error: ‘CODEC_TYPE_VIDEO’ was not declared in this scope
make[2]: *** [zm_ffmpeg_camera.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/gum/net/zm/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/gum/net/zm'
make: *** [all] Error 2
My configure settings are following:

./configure --with-webdir=/var/www/html --with-cgidir=/var/www/cgi-bin --with-webuser=apache --with-webgroup=apache --with-extralibs="-L/usr/lib64 -L/usr/lib64/mysql" ZM_DB_HOST=localhost ZM_DB_NAME=zm ZM_DB_USER=zmuser ZM_DB_PASS=<password> CPPFLAGS="-D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS" --enable-mmap=yes
Everything goes great including FFmpeg compilation, ZM autoconf and automake. I've also tried to compile ZM with the stock CentOS ffmpeg package but without luck, it spits out a different error while compiling the first binary.

Does anyone have some suggestion what should I try in order to get this working? Ran sucessfully about 10 stable CentOS boxes with 1.24.2, but the new version's giving me a headache. Thanks!

P.S.: There's an updated Czech localisation already posted to this forum, I hope the ZM package could be updated with it
lvthunder

Post by lvthunder »

PacoLM wrote:
lvthunder wrote: ./configure --with-webdir=/usr/share/zonminder --with-cgidir=/usr/share/zonminder/cgi-bin
Typo?, check your paths!
lvthunder wrote: ./configure --with-webdir=/usr/share/zoneminder --with-cgidir=/usr/share/zoneminder/cgi-bin
I tried again and noticed that a chown is complaining that it can't find apache:apache.

So my question is how do I find out the user and group Apache is running in. Apache got installed when I installed ZM with this command 'apt-get install zoneminder'
mastertheknife

Post by mastertheknife »

lvthunder wrote:
PacoLM wrote:
Typo?, check your paths!
I tried again and noticed that a chown is complaining that it can't find apache:apache.

So my question is how do I find out the user and group Apache is running in. Apache got installed when I installed ZM with this command 'apt-get install zoneminder'
change your configure line to use www-data instead of apache.
Kfir Itzhak.
lvthunder

Post by lvthunder »

mastertheknife wrote: change your configure line to use www-data instead of apache.
Thanks. That worked.