Zoneminder install DVD 1.24.x (3/7/2011)

Support and queries relating to third party Live CDs and DVD, VM images and other packaged distributions
rangerbob

Post by rangerbob »

is it not outlined in a txt file of some sort some place? Cause even if I do manage to reset it I would need to outline it some place?

I am not that familuar with zoneminder yet. I kninda setup a few cameras for a friend and its now off to anouther country. Was hoping I could just do it remotly load diffrent things and maintain it remotly. I downloaded the most recent dvd just days ago. You should you don't have anything I could try.

I could remove the root password I guess I could do that
i dunno I don't work with Ubuntu much more a pure debian guy i just tried to compile the latest many times then gave up and tried your dvd. (awesome i might add) Everything worked out of the box.

would the
mysqld_safe --skip-grant-tables
mysql -u root mysql
mysql -u root
mysql> use mysql;
mysql> UPDATE user SET Password = PASSWORD('NEWPASSWORD') WHERE User = 'root';
mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
mysql> exit
/etc/init.d/mysql stop

Method work?
(thats what i do on a debian box)
newvisionantenna

Post by newvisionantenna »

The newer DVD didn't have a txt file of saved info. It's possibly it's the default zm. Your commands look correct, but do a test run on something else if your able to. After changing it you'll have to find the zm config file that holds the DB password and change that also.

I'm feeling motivated after setting up an install with 1.24.3 and Foscam equipment two days ago, so I'm about to sit down and try and remember how to build an installable DVD :)
newvisionantenna

update 3/7/2011

updated install dvd with new,

ffmpeg
h264
zoneminder 1.24.3 svn 3310
foscam control script
32bit DVD (for now)
10.04.2 Ubuntu

Tested and working great with four foscam pan/tilt cameras. Easy install and every function I could test worked flawless. Provide feedback and I'll look at adding things as needed. I haven't tested it, but it should work just fine with the Iphone App as the server portion is included in this build.

Enjoy!

http://newvisionantenna.com/zoneminder/ ... 10.iso.md5
http://newvisionantenna.com/zoneminder/ ... vn3310.iso

Hosting will be provided elsewhere soon.
newvisionantenna

tested mpeg4/rtsp on axis m1031w - works.
mbill

Post by mbill »

I have tried this new DVD install 2 ways, first using the 3rd direct install option and 2nd booting the first live option and selecting zoneminder on the desktop. After install I could not find any difference in the installs. Both installs have nothing on the desktop or any mention of zoneminder in any menu. I tried running the web browser and it did not bring up zoneminder either like other live distro’s have in the past. In short I can not find any indication that zoneminder is installed. Is there some kind of secret key combination to start zoneminder.
newvisionantenna

Try http://127.0.0.1/zm from firefox on the desktop or go to the servers IP from another web browser. Just remember to put the /zm after the IP, otherwise you'll see the stock apache2 files.

In it's current state everything starts on boot and is already running and waiting for you to configure cameras. I'm sure I could get around to adding icons and such, but for now it's just a nice clean install that has everything working I was able to find time to test. Let me know if you need any more help.
mbill

Post by mbill »

Thank you very much, that addy fired ZM right up. I saved it to my bookmarks so it would be easy to bring up. Now to fight the capture card setup.
newvisionantenna

Capture cards are something I don't have on hand. Probably require some tweaking if it's not covered in the forums somewhere.
mbill

Post by mbill »

This is a complete set of instructions for setting up a 4 input bt878a capture card also known as a Pico 2000 with the latest DVD posted here.

After you install Unbuntu Linux and ZoneMinder shut down your computer and install your bttv capture card.

The first thing to do is add a bttv.conf file with your card configuration in the /etc/modprobe.d directory. To do this you have to use the Gedit editor in a special mode to let you make and save system files.

Start up a terminal window by opening “applicationsâ€
mbill

Post by mbill »

I tried setting up an IqEye 511 IP camera with no luck. It works fine in a browser as long as you have java installed. To play in a browser just use this http://192.168.1.104

IQeye 511
MJPEG
1.3 Mpix resolution (1280x1024)
D1 (704 x 480) @30 fps
HDTV (1280 x 720) @ 20 fps
1.3 Megapixels @ 15 fps
port 80
http://192.168.1.104
login: root
password: system

This web site has some specs.
http://www.networkwebcams.com/product_i ... cts_id=606

The camera does not require any authentication to view the picture so in the “Remote host nameâ€
orlandold

Re: Zoneminder install DVD 1.24.x (3/7/2011)

Post by orlandold »

Could somebody please create a torrent file for this DVD. i have tried to download it twice from the hosted file at Amazon AWS, but it seems to stall without any progress after a while.

I guess torrent will be easier, at the cost of shared bandwidth among the interested parties.

Regards,
newvisionantenna

PM sent with alternate location.
votblin

Post by votblin »

After installing the DVD and installing updates (ubuntu) does not start zoneminder.
In the console ZM writes stopped. Click start, everything stopped still. At the command sudo / etc / init.d / zm start or sudo / etc / init.d / zoneminder start - command not found. Also checked in VirtualBox.
This is my only way? Help me plz ...
orlandold

Post by orlandold »

ok, so I was able to install the DVD and have my Zoneminder start and working. I have a Pico capture card, and it seems to be capturing since I see in the time-line of events that it is actually doing so (see image display of frames).

My issue has been that I am unable to see my camera feeds when clicking on each individual monitor, nor when I try to see through the Montage option.

Any recommendations on what could be causing the problem?

Thanks,
newvisionantenna

@votblin

Take a look in /etc/rc2.d and you should see S99zoneminder or zm. I'll check this evening and see what happens when updates are applied. I assume any number of things could have happened.