Release 1.24.3 preview

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
aajpotter

Re: Release 1.24.3 preview

Post by aajpotter »

zoneminder wrote:To anyone interested.

I have uploaded version 1.24.3 to the server and it is available for download at http://www2.zoneminder.com/downloads/Zo ... 4.3.tar.gz

The latest SVN and 1.24.3 produce the following error in the browser:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /var/www/zoneminder/htdocs/includes/functions.php on line 2319
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

mastertheknife wrote:Hi Phil,

On another note, i think i've located another problem in the same file, although its harmless because mBuffer doesn't seem to be used for anything.

mCodecContext->height and mCodecContext->width in PrimeCapture() on a new codec context initialized by avcodec_open() and at this point doesn't contain properties such as height and width. This can cause avpicture_get_size to spit an error or a random value and mBuffer will reserve a memory buffer of the wrong size and later might cause memory corruption\segmentation fault. Correct height and width will be set automatically later by avcodec_decode_video2() causing the scaling process to work as expected.

mastertheknife :D
I think this is all ok but if you have a scenario which causes an error I would be interested to find out what it is. The codec context is gotten from the format context streams (which is why no codec context needs to be allocated, it is also freed by av_close_input_file). That fills in the codec context info with details from the stream. The mBuffer variable is what mFrame uses for it's storage so it is used. According to valgrind anyway there is no access to uninitialised fields.
Phil
LuizCB

On ubuntu Natty

Post by LuizCB »

hi Phil

On Natty (next Ubuntu release), ZM (Checked out revision 3297) ends configuration with:

Code: Select all

configure: error: zm requires Video4Linux to be installed
despite being updated.

All these i386 v4l Natty packages are installed
----
Kernel version (from /proc/version):
Linux version 2.6.38-3-generic-pae (buildd@roseapple)
(gcc version 4.5.2 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.5.2-2ubuntu2) )
#30-Ubuntu SMP Thu Feb 10 00:54:59 UTC 2011

uname -a
Linux srvr.lan 2.6.38-3-generic-pae #30-Ubuntu SMP Thu Feb 10 00:54:59 UTC 2011 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
Give me a _GO_ and I'll /msg you all necessary info to access that machine in case you want to test/develop in it.

Regards

Luiz
zoneminder
Site Admin

Re: On ubuntu Natty

Post by zoneminder »

LuizCB wrote:hi Phil

On Natty (next Ubuntu release), ZM (Checked out revision 3297) ends configuration with:

configure: error: zm requires Video4Linux to be installed
despite being updated.

All these i386 v4l Natty packages are installed
----
Kernel version (from /proc/version):
Linux version 2.6.38-3-generic-pae (buildd@roseapple)
(gcc version 4.5.2 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.5.2-2ubuntu2) )
#30-Ubuntu SMP Thu Feb 10 00:54:59 UTC 2011

uname -a
Linux srvr.lan 2.6.38-3-generic-pae #30-Ubuntu SMP Thu Feb 10 00:54:59 UTC 2011 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
Give me a _GO_ and I'll /msg you all necessary info to access that machine in case you want to test/develop in it.

Regards

Luiz
No sure what a _GO_ is but can you check if you have /usr/include/linux videodev2.h or the same header but perhaps somewhere else? It might also be useful to see the section of config.log where it is checking it.

Having said all that there is really no reason why V4L2 is really necessary when some installations will only use netcams so this dependency will be optional from v2.
Phil
LuizCB

Post by LuizCB »

"give me a go" = tell me to 'go ahead' with the desire of using my machine to check the error and develop whatever you need regarding this issue, under Natty, so i would send you the access credentials.

the log is at:

http://paste.ubuntu.com/566818/

Luiz
pmalicet

Post by pmalicet »

PacoLM wrote: Hi,

I have tried to install manually the perl module but:

cpan[1]> install Sys:Mmap
CPAN: Storable loaded ok (v2.20)

PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e" "test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t
t/mmap.t ........... ok   
t/munmap_errors.t .. 1/14 
#   Failed test 'Unmapped strings die'
#   at t/munmap_errors.t line 31.
#          got: 'munmap failed! errno 22 Argumento inválido
# '
#     expected: 'munmap failed! errno 22 Invalid argument
# '

[/quote]

Hi

Normal install of CPAN Sys::Mmap doesn't work with tthe error message above. To execute a correct install, you have to launch cpan as :
LC_ALL=C perl -MCPAN -e shell
It worked for me

Pierre
fahnoe

1.24.3 fixes the UINT64_C issues with libavutil

Post by fahnoe »

Hi Phil,

I'm just getting started with ZoneMinder on a x86_64 CentOS 5.5 box. Building zoneminder 1.24.2 with ffmpeg 0.6.1, I was running into the hassle with the error:

/usr/include/libavutil/common.h:154: error: ‘UINT64_C’ was not declared in this scope
While adding CXXFLAGS="-D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS" to the configure step gets around the above error, it also introduced hundreds of compiler warnings about type mismatches.

I am pleased to report that your preview release of 1.24.3 builds cleanly without having to define __STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS.

--Larry
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Hmm, not sure why as I don't think I've changed anything in that area. Possibly ffmpeg has tidied things up a bit?
Phil
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

LuizCB wrote:"give me a go" = tell me to 'go ahead' with the desire of using my machine to check the error and develop whatever you need regarding this issue, under Natty, so i would send you the access credentials.

the log is at:

http://paste.ubuntu.com/566818/

Luiz
It looks like Ubuntu Natty has removed the videodev.h header, and presumably therefore support for Video4Linux1. I will have to have a poke around and restructure things a bit to not mind.
Phil
fahnoe

Post by fahnoe »

zoneminder wrote:Hmm, not sure why as I don't think I've changed anything in that area. Possibly ffmpeg has tidied things up a bit?
Well that's interesting then. Without changing anything else in the environment, and starting from a "make distclean" state in both trees, 1.24.3 builds cleanly without requiring setting CXXFLAGS="-D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS" on the configure step. I thought the likely spot for changes would have been src/zm_ffmpeg.h, but I see that there were no changes between versions. Curious.

--Larry
LuizCB

Ubuntu Natty

Post by LuizCB »

Phil,

I'm going to do a clean install of Natty again on that machine, tonight (GMT), and I'll give you access to the system, as admin, then you'll install whatever you feel necessary to access and manage it. Simple gnome core, 'teamviewer' and VNC, in case you prefer it. Besides ssh, of course.

I'll /msg you with login info asap.

Luiz
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Thanks. I knocked up a Natty VM a little earlier and can confirm that it runs with just V4L2 and not V4L. I have had to do a bit of reworking of the code in that area to handle that scenario, which was a little unexpected but I think it's working now. Please feel free to redownload the tar file or update the SVN and give it another try.
Phil
LuizCB

Post by LuizCB »

Phil,

(ZM_revision_3302)

so far, related to the previous issue (v4l), it seems like you solved it.

---

when configuring:

configure: error: zm requires Sys::Mmap for mapped memory
so, before anything else i did a

sudo cpan Sys::Mmap
then,

./configure --with-webdir=/var/www/zm --with-cgidir=/usr/lib/cgi-bin ZM_DB_HOST=localhost ZM_DB_NAME=zm ZM_DB_USER=zmuser ZM_DB_PASS=zmpass --enable-debug=yes --with-webgroup=www-data --with-webuser=www-data --enable-mmap=yes CPPFLAGS="-D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS"
and worked well.

(now, looking at this, i think i forgot to make zm aware of ffmpeg :( )
----

then, cheking syslog, looks like i need to deal with other matters:

Feb 16 23:44:49 srvr zmdc[2218]: FAT [Can't connect: No such file or directory]
Feb 16 23:44:49 srvr zmpkg[2209]: ERR [Unable to run "sudo -u www-data /usr/local/bin/zmdc.pl startup", output is "Starting server"]
Feb 16 23:44:51 srvr zmpkg[2272]: INF [Command: start]
Feb 16 23:44:52 srvr zmdc[2282]: INF [Server starting at 11/02/16 23:44:52]
Feb 16 23:44:54 srvr zmdc[2282]: FAT [Can't bind: No such file or directory]
Feb 16 23:45:02 srvr zmdc[2281]: FAT [Can't connect: No such file or directory]
Feb 16 23:45:02 srvr zmpkg[2272]: ERR [Unable to run "sudo -u www-data /usr/local/bin/zmdc.pl startup", output is "Starting server"]
and at console:

sudo /etc/init.d/zm start
Starting ZoneMinder: Can't connect: No such file or directory at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/ZoneMinder/Debug.pm line 349
        ZoneMinder::Debug::Fatal('Can\'t connect: No such file or directory') called at /usr/local/bin/zmdc.pl line 168
failure
then again, in syslog

Feb 17 00:07:58 srvr zmpkg[5773]: INF [Command: start]
Feb 17 00:07:58 srvr zmdc[5783]: INF [Server starting at 11/02/17 00:07:58]
Feb 17 00:08:00 srvr zmdc[5783]: FAT [Can't bind: No such file or directory]
Feb 17 00:08:08 srvr zmdc[5782]: FAT [Can't connect: No such file or directory]
Feb 17 00:08:08 srvr zmpkg[5773]: ERR [Unable to run "sudo -u www-data /usr/local/bin/zmdc.pl startup", output is "Starting server"]
so... tomorrow is another day, another nice puzzle to deal with, mainly because i'm learning in the process and i like challenges.

i'm leaving this here in case it was not my fault (s) during the process and probably you'll find another unexpected Natty change.

Regards.

LuizCB
rambler

Re: Release 1.24.3 preview

Post by rambler »

aajpotter wrote: The latest SVN and 1.24.3 produce the following error in the browser:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /var/www/zoneminder/htdocs/includes/functions.php on line 2319
I'm having the same problem with the 1.24.3 download - haven't tried SVN.
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

LuizCB wrote:Phil,

(ZM_revision_3302)

so far, related to the previous issue (v4l), it seems like you solved it.

LuizCB
Can you post the output of when you run 'make install'?
Phil