Change desktop background in ZMLarch

Support and queries relating to third party Live CDs and DVD, VM images and other packaged distributions
kp4djt

Change desktop background in ZMLarch

Post by kp4djt »

I have poked at it several times and can not for the life of me figure out where to change
the background or wall paper on LArch. Right now it looks like some sort of wall paper wall.
I normally run a black background, but so far have not been able to get rid of the wallpaper.

Any ideas??
Chuck Hast -- KP4DJT --
Web site www.wchast.com
ZM demo www.wchast.com/zm
bb99

Post by bb99 »

Off to the right in the task bar is an icon that displays files that can be edited. You can add or remove any item as you see fit. I believe the desk top file is one that Ross included by default but I can't remember specifically as I didn't ever use ZMLarch other than to see what and how he did his implementation. Anyway, that icon and the files you load to it are the key to editing how Arch behaves.
kp4djt

Post by kp4djt »

I think you are talking about Arch Assistant you have to start it, when you do it appears
as a icon on the RH side of the task bar, if you right click on it you get a list of options
one of which is system, if you enter that you will find a list of files to edit (I go into the
rc.conf all the time) but so far I have not been able to find out how to get rid if the wall
paper on the screen. All I want is a black screen no wall paper.
Chuck Hast -- KP4DJT --
Web site www.wchast.com
bb99

Post by bb99 »

I'll have a machine mid to late week that I can load ZMLarch on temporarily and will see if I can find it for you. Seems to me I was able to go black as I can't stand about anything else even for the short term. Yes, thank you, Arch assistant is what I was referring to but couldn't remember, also seems to me I had to load several files against it to make the necessary changes to suit. Give me some time; I'll let you know one way or another!
bb99

Post by bb99 »

I'm going to guess I wasn't successful in changing the background after a little research( http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Nitrogen ). I'll still give it a go and let you know...
kp4djt

Post by kp4djt »

That was one of the first things I tried, so far no luck. I tried it right after I started playing with
Arch, so I am sure I am doing something wrong.
Chuck Hast -- KP4DJT --
Web site www.wchast.com
rdmelin

Post by rdmelin »

Sorry I've been absent for awhile :(

The desktop background is set by pcmanfm (the file manager) so click on the house icon in the upper left, and then Edit --> Preferences --> Desktop
kp4djt

Post by kp4djt »

Yess!!!!!!
Thank you very much Russ. I believe that there were several of us trying to figure that one out.
I now have a totally black screen.
Chuck Hast -- KP4DJT --
Web site www.wchast.com
bb99

Post by bb99 »

Thanks Ross! You saved me a bunch of time. So instead of ZMLarch it's on to Puppy...