Modect stops saving events

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
SquALeD

Modect stops saving events

Post by SquALeD »

Hi there,

Ive got ZM 1.24.2 running good on a desktop install of Ubuntu 9.04. At the moment im just running 2 ip cameras on 'monitor' to get things running smoothly.

Once I was set I tried the 'modect' setting on one of the cameras. I didn't touch anything else just enabled 'modect'. All seemed well but this morning I noticed that ZM had stopped recording events. I have about 30 events stored and thats it. I can walk in front of the cam and nothing is saved.

Am I missing something in the settings?

Im pretty much a Ubuntu/ZM novice at the moment. I know theres a debug setting in ZM but I'm not sure how/what I should set.

Any help would be great.

Thanks...
SquALeD

Post by SquALeD »

34 views and nothing eh?

Ok I think I managed to sort out the event problem by using the presets in the zone page.

Next problem seems to be that I'm getting events called 'signal' in the cause column when I look at events?? These also have huge minus numbers in the time column and seem to crash firefox

I'd post an image but the [img] tag seems to be off?

Any ideas anybody??
whatboy

Post by whatboy »

Signal might be that you have faulty connection between PC and camera...

minus huge numbered times might be the database is corrupt... try scanning/fix it...
SquALeD

Post by SquALeD »

Hi whatboy, cheers for the reply.

How would I scan/fix the database?

What I have done is to set both monitors to 10fps and set 10 fps in the actual camera settings which seems to have sorted things on that prob.

Unfortunately I now have yet another prob - When I look at events in the viewer they are frozen. This seems to affect firefox making the zm console unresponsive (Not loading) Restarting FF seems to fix this. Not sure if its FF (I know 3 is a bit of a resource hog) or ZM or a combination lol.

Bit strange really as it seems to happen overnight - I can view events fine untill I have a look the next morning...

Any ideas would be great, thanks..
whatboy

Post by whatboy »

SquALeD

Post by SquALeD »

Cheers for that - I run the request and everything came up ok in the DB. I think lowering the camera FPS and matching it to ZMs fps in the monitor seemed to help. I'll keep an eye on it.

Do you or anyone else have any idea why my events are freezing up as I posted above??

Thanks for your help so far whatboy..