Generate video option not working.

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
c0mputerking

Generate video option not working.

Post by c0mputerking »

ZM caught some action i have captured someone smashing a window out at the location where i have some cameras installed.

I need to submit these events to the Police but the generate video option does not seem to be working nor does the email link or the archive event link hell even the export link is broken P(*s me off. there does not seem to be anything in the logs to hint at what might be wrong.

PLEASE someone help me with this ASAP

I am using the ZMlarch CD guess i should have tested this stuff before now.
newvisionantenna

Post by newvisionantenna »

I found some of those issues's in my 9.04 dvd, that's why i pulled it for now. My new 8.04 dvd has everything working minus what appears the export button using tar or zip. It loads as if it's going to but never finishes. All packages and perl modules are installed as well as tar and zip. I could actually care less about 8.10 or 9.04 right now. 8.04LTS will be around for a long time and does the job perfect.

I've verified the generate video button works on every single type of video output and does make a correct video. The email setup works and I posted a link on how to set it up. I had it email me an even notification and I got it at google one time, but since I was dong it without a fully qualitfied domain and probably some sort of encryption it only sent once before google blocked the rest :shock: but it does work.

The archive event link works, verified that and it shows how many are archived. That's the problem with all these differnet methods of putting Zoneminder together, my thoughts are build something that every option works and has some useful tools. I've yet to get anyone from here to try out my mesh network builder but have a lot of people doing it at another site. I think I just need to make video's on how it works and how it would server a purpose in a CCTV system.
curtishall

Re: Generate video option not working.

Post by curtishall »

c0mputerking wrote:ZM caught some action i have captured someone smashing a window out at the location where i have some cameras installed.

I need to submit these events to the Police but the generate video option does not seem to be working nor does the email link or the archive event link hell even the export link is broken P(*s me off. there does not seem to be anything in the logs to hint at what might be wrong.

PLEASE someone help me with this ASAP

I am using the ZMlarch CD guess i should have tested this stuff before now.
Backup those images before you do anything! I would look at ffmpeg / mencoder and just create the movie yourself from the jpeg files. This website should help you:

http://electron.mit.edu/~gsteele/ffmpeg/
--
Curtis Hall
Bluecherry
www.bluecherrydvr.com
store.bluecherry.net
c0mputerking

Post by c0mputerking »

thanks Curtis i have already pulled the raw jpg files to my local machine here just tryin to convert them to videos about to check out the link you sent me.

hehe already read that link
rdmelin

Post by rdmelin »

the generate video option does not seem to be working nor does the email link or the archive event link hell even the export link is broken P(*s me off.
Since all these functions are working in ZMLarch, and can be used even when running from the CD, I have to wonder what is going on there. Are you perhaps logged in as a less privileged user that you created?
c0mputerking

Post by c0mputerking »

really they are working? WTF? what user the one i log into zm with? as far as i can tell has full ZM access in the users tab.
rdmelin

Post by rdmelin »

Is the server Internet accessable? If so would you like to PM me access info and I'll see if I can figure out what is goin on there?
daspug

Post by daspug »

Hi,
I had this problem recently and found that the ZM config had /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg as the directory for ffmpeg.

When I changed this to the correct location:

/usr/bin/ffmpeg

it all worked perfectly.

Hope that helps :D