Choppy Events

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
kylejohnson

Choppy Events

Post by kylejohnson »

I am having a problem where my events are choppy - the moving object which is causing my monitor to alarm is jumping around the screen. I guess one explanation would be that I am capturing at too high of a FPS for my server to keep up, though my load is low so I do not think that is the case.

I have exported two such events to .avi to show you what I mean: http://www.fixertec.net/images/zoneminder/zm-chop.avi and http://www.fixertec.net/images/zoneminder/zm-chop2.avi

The camera is setup for RTSP with 10FPS / 15FPS Alarm.

Thanks for any help.
maciekc

Post by maciekc »

Don't set fps for network camera. Set framerate in camera if it is possible
kylejohnson

Post by kylejohnson »

maciekc wrote:Don't set fps for network camera. Set framerate in camera if it is possible
I will try this and report back. Thank you.
erikp

My Solution was...

Post by erikp »

I was tearing my hair out with a similar problem. I'm using Axis 207/s cameras.
My analysis came down to, the "captured" frame rate was slower than real time, so it was always jumping ahead to keep in sync.

My solution was to change the camera URL from:
/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi

to:
/axis-cgi/jpg/image.cgi?resolution=640x480

This way ZM will ask for individual images at its own rate.
Using the original URL, I believe zm was grabbing images from the stream, and thus loosing "Time" as it went. (It would lag by between 10 and 15 seconds.)

If you use the mjpg URL, set the frame rate [blank] then limit the frame rate in the camera, zm appears to keep time then, without lages. The disadvantage with this is you can not boost frame rate on an event.
jwflammer

Post by jwflammer »

yeah same i think i need to increase my fps from 5.00fps to like 20.00 of 40.00 but how do i do that ??