Well it was working...

Support and queries relating to third party Live CDs and DVD, VM images and other packaged distributions
mpoertner

Well it was working...

Post by mpoertner »

I installed to the HD from the liveCD... Everything seemed like it was working. Then all of a sudden it stopped. The web interface still comes up. When I try and veiw one of the monitors - The image doesn't show. The frame comes up and shows the little icon that means the image isn't loading.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Matt
rdmelin

Post by rdmelin »

Try right clicking in the frame, then "This Frame -> Reload Frame"

If this becomes a bother, set ZM_CAN_STREAM to "no". You will find that setting in the "tools" tab of "options". With that setting the Zoneminder will use the cambozola java aplet, which avoids this problem.

Regards,
Ross
mpoertner

Post by mpoertner »

rdmelin wrote:Try right clicking in the frame, then "This Frame -> Reload Frame"

If this becomes a bother, set ZM_CAN_STREAM to "no". You will find that setting in the "tools" tab of "options". With that setting the Zoneminder will use the cambozola java aplet, which avoids this problem.

Regards,
Ross
Thanks for the reply. Those suggestions didn't help though. I've tried everything I can think of. What get's me is that it used to work and quit. It's not like I just set it up wrong - But, now I've messed around with so many setting trying to get it to work again... I think I'll format and start over.
mpoertner

Post by mpoertner »

BTW - when I make a change in the settings do I need to restart ZoneMinder for the changes to take effect?

Thanks!
Matt
rdmelin

Post by rdmelin »

Some yes others no. Later versions of ZM warn you when you need to restart for changes to take effect. I can't remember if 1.19.1 does. Never hurts anyway.

Ross