Panasonic BB-HCM511 - Will it work in ZM?

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
R3MF

Panasonic BB-HCM511 - Will it work in ZM?

Post by R3MF »

I am looking for a cheap PoE network camera with PT functions that will work in ZM.

The cheapest (by far) candidate so far is the Panasonic BB-HCM511, which is not listed in the wiki as a supported camera.

http://www.networkwebcams.com/product_i ... cts_id=567

Do Panasonic network cameras 'generally' work in the same way that Axis cams are considered to do so, or are they not as well supported like some other brands?

Kind regards

REMF
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Assuming it is a recent model then you should have no problems I would not have thought.

Let us know how you get on.
Phil
R3MF

Post by R3MF »

brand new.

thanks for the info.
cms

it works...

Post by cms »

Works great, mine just came in yesterday and worked out of the box with zm pani ptz setup.

I just wish the outdoor one was not $200 more :(

I plan to put the one I got outdoors in a very sheltered area, we will see how it stands up...
R3MF

Post by R3MF »

excellent news. my thanks.
mjsameth

bb-hcm515a

Post by mjsameth »

Hi,

I have many hcm515a Panasonic cameras and have not been able to get PTZ working. Did you do anything special for the control scripts?