nice work

Support and queries relating to third party Live CDs and DVD, VM images and other packaged distributions
Rick

nice work

Post by Rick »

Hi,

Thanks for the livecd; I know you spent a lot of time. A few things I encountered:

1. The boot procedure complains that no video cards were detected. I have an FX5700 (Asus V9570TD) installed. I get picture so I don't know if this affects anything.

2. Sure could use DSL configure tools to allow the user to jump online for Mandrake 10 updates. RP-pppoe and the RP-pppoe-gui are the best tools available.

3. I have three cameras currently active. The color camera sometimes displays color, sometimes not. The only setting that works for this cam is the first color camera setting (I don't recall the designation).

4. Jumping back and forth from configuration to multicam view, sometimes a camera will stop showing. The only way to get the picture back is to stop and restart the browser.

Great work! Thanks again!
rdmelin

Post by rdmelin »

Hi Rick,
Thanks for the report. I will be sure to include the DSL config tools in the next version.

Not sure what would cause the color cam to only display color sometimes. If the problem persists after a restart, you might post to the main 1.19.x forum. Maybe Philip can help you solve that one.

On point #4, when a cam stream stops you might try right clicking in the frame and selecting "This Frame -> Reload Frame".
I suspect you are using the native mjpeg streaming which seems prone to stopping as you describe. If you go to "Options" and the "Tools" tab and set ZM_CAN_STREAM to no, it will use cambozola which may work better for you.

Regards

Ross