UK suppliers

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
pessimist

UK suppliers

Post by pessimist »

Anybody recommend any UK suppliers of capture cards? I have some on order from Bluecherry in the states (which have not yet arrived) but when I returned to their site yesterday I see that they are no longer happy with their affordable delivery service -

ATTENTION

Due to constant complaints regarding lost, damaged, and delayed packages when shipped with USPS we no longer support shipping via USPS. The only country that we currently allow USPS shipping is the United Kingdom. We are researching cheaper alternatives but we will most likely NOT be using USPS again. Please do not contact us asking for USPS shipping as we will not be able to process your order.
While this shows commendable honesty it does not fill me with confidence that my current order or any future orders will arrive. I don't doubt the integrity of the supplier but I don't want to fork out over $100 per delivery either.
jamescollings

Post by jamescollings »

I have to say, when I ordered from BlueCherry, I was able to track the package quite happily until it went into a "frozen" state for a week. It was claimed to have left the US but not arrived at UK customs.

I did some chasing, and then it "magically" arrived at UK customs.

I couldn't honestly say whether the fault lay with USPS or UK-Customs, but the "chasing" appears to have sorted it out.

Either way... the kit arrived and worked perfectly!
curtishall

Post by curtishall »

We offer shipping to the UK via USPS. We don't offer USPS to any other country at this time due to constant problems with customs and packages being lost.

We weren't going to offer USPS shipping to UK at all, but we have a pretty good size fan base in the UK so we decided to keep that shipping option.

Thanks
--
Curtis Hall
Bluecherry
www.bluecherrydvr.com
store.bluecherry.net
pessimist

Post by pessimist »

curtishall wrote:We offer shipping to the UK via USPS. We don't offer USPS to any other country at this time due to constant problems with customs and packages being lost.

We weren't going to offer USPS shipping to UK at all, but we have a pretty good size fan base in the UK so we decided to keep that shipping option.

Thanks
Thanks for the clarification. How long would you typically expect delivery to take? Its twelve days and counting so far.
curtishall

Post by curtishall »

pessimist wrote:
curtishall wrote:We offer shipping to the UK via USPS. We don't offer USPS to any other country at this time due to constant problems with customs and packages being lost.

Thanks
Thanks for the clarification. How long would you typically expect delivery to take? Its twelve days and counting so far.
Has is shipped yet? What's the order number? We had several that were on back ordered and the majority of those shipped last week
--
Curtis Hall
Bluecherry
www.bluecherrydvr.com
store.bluecherry.net
pessimist

Post by pessimist »

Order number is 1609. I've had no further communication other than the confirmation of order, how do I tell if it has shipped?

Your site was showing the items in stock when I ordered.
pessimist

Post by pessimist »

O.K. scratch that - I've found the order tracking part of your site. My order is marked as "pending" even though your site is still showing 8 in stock.. I assume this means that it hasn't even been shipped?