Mandriva 2007.0 LiveCD

Support and queries relating to third party Live CDs and DVD, VM images and other packaged distributions
martynw

Mandriva 2007.0 LiveCD

Post by martynw »

Just to give some feedback on the above release, I've had this installed and running for about 72 hours now with no problems.

I ran the LiveCD itself for about 24 hours to soak test and then did the full install.

Everything went smoothly, no problems occured.

Running with a PV183_16 from BlueCherry, the card wasn't automatically recognised by the bttv driver but a modprobe.conf setting of "options bttv card=98,98,98,98,98,98,98,98" took care of that.

Cheers for the hard work on the new release!

Martyn
gola10

Post by gola10 »

ZM on a Mandriva 2007 livecd?
Where can it be downloaded?

I have installed ZM from RPM on Mandriva 2007 but i might have some packages missing and a lot unneded ones installed.
rdmelin

Post by rdmelin »

Just to give some feedback on the above release
Thank you, it's always nice to hear that it worked well for someone. :)
Where can it be downloaded?
There is a link to the .torrent in this announcement thread:
http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8253
gola10

Post by gola10 »

Thanks, i has been waiting for it a long time.
gola10

Post by gola10 »

Just installed Mandriva 2007 ZM 1.22.3 Livecd on a new hard disk. It is working ok except that the time displayed in the ZM main screen "Blue numbers" is one hour ahead that the system time.
The Bios time and the time displayed on the Xwindows (KDE) main screen is the same and the correct one. The time used to record events and the time on the top of each frame is also OK.

I has checked on MCC and everything seems to be ok even the timezone.

If i log remotely (from other machine) to ZM the same erroneous behavior is observed.
I am in Panama Central America and we have the same time system all the year. What i am trying to expresss is that we do not advance one hours or so in different months of the year.

I do not know if it has to do with it but i has left the language as "US" but the keyboard is set as "Spanish" and the timezone is "America/Panama"

I has placed reintalled the old harddisk which has the previous installation which is ZM 1.22.3 running on Mandriva 2006 from livecd and the time is OK in all places.

¿Any idea what is happening?

Just to have more informations, i will reboot from Livecd Mandriva 2007 and post what happends with the time that way to see if there is any clue.
gola10

Post by gola10 »

This is a additon to my last post.

Now, I am running ZM from Mandriva 2007 Livecd and has set the time zone to America/Panama with MCC but on MMC where it said Select the language and the country or region of the system, i do not has any option that correspond to my location. On HD installation i had to download additional packages to find Panama. Any how, now the time displayed on the ZM main screen is again 1 hour ahead to the local time a others times as explained in the previous post where i was running from HD installation.
gola10

Post by gola10 »

ZM from Mandriva 2007 Livecd.
Just to inform that the time displayed by ZM ont the main screen is stil one hour ahead of the system time. I has been looking for the cause ot this but does not has the enought experience on Linux to figure out what is causing this.
¿Is this happening to someone else?
robi

Post by robi »

How come that it's not listed in the 'Other Downloads' section?
ekiboy69

No one seems to be seeding now?

Post by ekiboy69 »

Hi,

I would love to check this new version as I have a SATA-controller that is not supported by Mandriva 2006 stock kernel.

I cannot see anyone seeding the image torrent at the moment. Could someone put it online, please!
robi

Post by robi »

Using Mandriva 2007.0, I tried to run a ruby script, and got:
`require': no such file to load -- RMagick (LoadError)
Ruby is installed. Looked for Rmagick in Mandriva Software Management, found it (ruby-RMagcik-1.9.3), but it's not installed. It says it can't be selected due to unsatisfied libMagick-9.5.0.so.0. There's no libMagick of this version. I searched for it, but it's not available anywhere, as far as I saw, for any distro... What can be done in such a case?

The script in question is here.

Your help would be much appreciated.
gola10

Post by gola10 »

robi wrote:How come that it's not listed in the 'Other Downloads' section?
I do not know. It did not happend to me under Mandriva 2006 and ZM 1.22.3 .
If you want to replicate the problem, boot from the Mandriva 2007 Zoneminder Livecd.
Start MCC. > System > Adjust time and date> Change Time Zone.
Choose America/Panama. Answer NO to "Is your hardware clock set to GMT?. Click on OK.

Now open Zoneminder with the browser and you will see that the time displayed on Zoneminder´s main screen is one hour ahead to the time Linux is set.
Note: The time used for events recording is correct.
So Where is Zoneminder taking that wrong time? Sure it is not from the same place it takes the time to print on the events.

If you want, you can play with different Cities and see that in some of them the error exist and others not.
For instance New York, Paris, Caracas, Calgary and Cuba there is no error.
But Panama, Cairo Asia/Gaza and Tegucigalpa is one hour ahead.

Australia/Adelaide is half hour behind.

What a courious thing.

Can someone else try the same booting from Zoneminder Livecd Mandriva 2007?
cordel

Post by cordel »

Because putting it there would mean that we would exceed our allotted bandwidth which gets extremely expensive every time it happens. Bandwidth is expensive enough. As it is I don't think Phil even gets enough to cover the existing costs for the web site.
rdmelin

Post by rdmelin »

gola10 would you mind reporting whether upgrading or downgrading the timezone package as was suggested to you in your other thread made any difference.
robi

Post by robi »

cordel wrote:
Because putting it there would mean that we would exceed our allotted bandwidth which gets extremely expensive every time it happens. Bandwidth is expensive enough. As it is I don't think Phil even gets enough to cover the existing costs for the web site.
But as a torrent link, at least?
Or did you consider installing a traffic shaper, to limit the bandwidth?
gola10

Post by gola10 »

rdmelin wrote:gola10 would you mind reporting whether upgrading or downgrading the timezone package as was suggested to you in your other thread made any difference.
I will try to use different versions of the Time zone and report results.

What is extrange to me is that the events that are stores has the correct time. That means that the time displayed is taken from a different source. If that is correct, it could be solved displaying the time that is used on event recording.

It must be something with mandriva 2007 because on Mandriva 2006 it did not happend with the same version of zoneminder.