Really cheap bt878 4 port card

Post here to indicate any hardware you have used and which is known to work with ZoneMinder. Not for questions.
timgray

Really cheap bt878 4 port card

Post by timgray »

Geeks.com has a really cheap 4 port BT878 based card that I am also finding all over Ebay for $9.00.

Does anyone have this card and know that it works? I'm only interested in 2-4fps for security use (that is what I get out of the current $1500.00 security PVR we have now)

:?:

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid ... CH&cat=VID

for a link to the card forsale at geeks.com
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

there is probably more your dvr does for you than but if this card works with linux itr will work with zm
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
curtishall

Re: Really cheap bt878 4 port card

Post by curtishall »

timgray wrote:Geeks.com has a really cheap 4 port BT878 based card that I am also finding all over Ebay for $9.00.

Does anyone have this card and know that it works? I'm only interested in 2-4fps for security use (that is what I get out of the current $1500.00 security PVR we have now)

:?:

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid ... CH&cat=VID

for a link to the card forsale at geeks.com
We have the same card here (RCA inputs): http://store.bluecherry.net/ProductDeta ... A&Click=51
(BNC adapters are available if needed)

15% zoneminder discount code is: ZoneMinder

--
Bluecherry - www.bluecherry.net
curt@bluecherry.net
TimboUK

Post by TimboUK »

Can you ship to uk?
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Yes, they do.
Phil
TimboUK

Post by TimboUK »

zoneminder wrote:Yes, they do.
Cheers.

My "new" pc built for the job is an athlon XP1700, 512MB ram, with 80gig HD. Looks like i may not be able to use the 2 old cheap cctv cards I had. So if I got the $40 card (25fps Total??) it would be ok? BUT if I went for the 4 ch real time (120fps) would I be asking too much of this system?

Thanks in advance.

( OMG $28 delivery charge; feels like Ebay :roll: )
jamescollings

Post by jamescollings »

I can testify that Bluecherry definately ships to the UK (Got my PV149 delivered last week... Thanks Curtis).

What with the strong pound versus the dollar, it's silly not to buy brand new. Just remember, that ParcelForce will sting you for a customs charge of £25 before they will release the package to you.
TimboUK

Post by TimboUK »

£25 on top, OMG :shock:

So a $40 (£20?) will cost me £60 to get to me?
and a $139 (£70) will cost me £120.

Hmm, maybe a cheap PVR from ebay via Hong Kong is in order here!
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

I have had a couple of cards from BlueCherry and never got done for duty or VAT. However if you do get stung for it on imports, it's normally VAT at 17.5%, duty at some tiny percentage if at all, and then maybe a £10 admin charge. However, like I say, I have not been caught for it at all thus far.
Phil
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

I would also mention that this is generic import charges, and technically applies to stuff from China as well as the US.
Phil
jamescollings

Post by jamescollings »

TimboUK wrote:Hmm, maybe a cheap PVR from ebay via Hong Kong is in order here!
Cheap being the operative word... you pays your money.. you takes your choice.
TimboUK

Post by TimboUK »

I know, you are correct here!

Will probably go with the bluecherry card, don't know whether my pc will cope with the 120 fps card. if I get the 30 is it 25 in PAL? can it cope with PAL? am I correct in assuming about 5 fps on 4 cameras? And the big question is could I stream out to my phone (t mobile mda vario 2 running wm5) ??? that I am typing on now.

Too many questions?
curtishall

Post by curtishall »

Unlike ebay sellers we don't make a dime off shipping, hell half the time we lose money. You will find shipping a 2 pound package from the states to almost anywhere out of the US will run you between $20 and $100 depending on the delivery service you use. (If it makes you feel better we offer free shipping in the US)

As far a import tax, I've heard UPS is forced to charge tax...while EMS / (USPS) only charges half the time.

TimboUK wrote:
zoneminder wrote:Yes, they do.
Cheers.

My "new" pc built for the job is an athlon XP1700, 512MB ram, with 80gig HD. Looks like i may not be able to use the 2 old cheap cctv cards I had. So if I got the $40 card (25fps Total??) it would be ok? BUT if I went for the 4 ch real time (120fps) would I be asking too much of this system?

Thanks in advance.

( OMG $28 delivery charge; feels like Ebay :roll: )
--
Curtis Hall
Bluecherry
www.bluecherrydvr.com
store.bluecherry.net
TimboUK

Post by TimboUK »

cheers mate! I will probably go with one of your cards anyway in the new year. can you advise on the pc spec? is there any need for the 120 fps with that pc spec. or are there other reasons why I would be better with the 120 over the 30?

oh, and a merry christmas to you!
curtishall

Post by curtishall »

I'd go with a 120FPS if you plan on wanting realtime video capturing. If you plan on only capturing around 5FPS or so then the 30FPS will be fine. There's nothing major on the pc spec wise besides what Zoneminder recommends

Thanks
TimboUK wrote:cheers mate! I will probably go with one of your cards anyway in the new year. can you advise on the pc spec? is there any need for the 120 fps with that pc spec. or are there other reasons why I would be better with the 120 over the 30?

oh, and a merry christmas to you!
--
Curtis Hall
Bluecherry
www.bluecherrydvr.com
store.bluecherry.net