Could anyone provide advice?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
MichealKlein

Could anyone provide advice?

Post by MichealKlein »

Could anyone provide advice on whether it's feasible to create a backup of ZoneMinder from a server that, although Linux itself appears to be functioning normally, is preventing ZoneMinder from working due to issues potentially related to a power outage? The server initially failed to restart, and even though I've managed to get Linux running without apparent issues, there are still error messages that seem disk-related. Consequently, ZoneMinder won't start. It seems like I might need to replace the disk and rebuild the system. However, before embarking on that path, I'm wondering if there's a way to extract certain files from the current setup, given that I can navigate the file structure. My goal is to potentially retain the configuration to avoid the hassle of setting up everything again, and ideally, preserve the event history.
dougmccrary

Re: Could anyone provide advice?

Post by dougmccrary »

iconnor

Re: Could anyone provide advice?

Post by iconnor »

You could also engage our support services who are very experienced in fixing broken ZM systems. Reach out to me at isaac@zoneminder.com if that is something you are interested in.

At the core of it, the important bits are the database and the video files. If the db is crashed, then you will need to go through mysql recovery or have a backup of the db handy.