installation ok ... browser ko

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
boombari

installation ok ... browser ko

Post by boombari »

hi to all,

i have installed zm 1.21.3 on debian sarge ...configure e making ok, ..but when i open the index.php file ...i get this error:

Warning: fopen(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/local/etc/zm.conf) is not within the allowed path(s):
Warning: fopen(/usr/local/etc/zm.conf): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /var/www/virtual/nethosting.homeip.net/htdocs/zm_config.php on line 29
Could not open config file.
cordel

Post by cordel »

Your configuration for apache is to strict.
You need to configure apache to be allowed read the zm.conf in /etc
other wise could also be a permissions issue, make sure that zm.conf is owned by your webuser and/or webgroup.

Check the ownership of the zm.conf file first, else you will need to configure apache correctly but most likely just a permissions issue.
Regards,
Cordel
boombari

Post by boombari »

hi,

i have chmoded 777 zm.conf ...but the result is the same :(

where i can modify the apache.conf to read the directory where is /usr/local/etc/zm.conf ?

thanks.
cordel

Post by cordel »

Try checking your php.ini file and see if safe mode is on. This might also restrict apache from going out to read that directory.
The open_base_dir setting is primarily used to prevent php scripts for a particular user from accessing files in another user's account. So usually, any files in your own account should be readable by your own scripts. ie the webuser.
Regards,
Cordel