multi server preview issues

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
lorenjz

multi server preview issues

Post by lorenjz »

The DB server I had running previously crashed. I had to basically restart it from scratch. The two zoneminder servers however remained unscathed. I can view the UI however the camera's thumbnail in the console is blank (no picture at all) and no image is shown when attempting to view live footage from the camera. One other curious thing is that on the console page the tally for events lists null no matter the number of events.

I did check all three machines have the same time zone set. Additionally I am able to view the source in VLC without any issues.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to what my issue might be?

Thanks in advance

Loren
all machines are running ubuntu 20.04
the two zoneminder servers are running 1.36.33
lorenjz

Re: multi server preview issues

Post by lorenjz »

I think I've found the cause of the issue but I have no idea what I need to do to fix it. First when I view the console in a browser (in this case chrome) there is an error "net::ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED" while doing some testing while I was on a business trip away from the browser gave me a SSL error. Currently I have a load balancer secured with cloudflare taking care of directing traffic to the appropriate host on my network. Is anyone aware of articles that would describe the process to adjust my setup to work properly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.