Adding more storage.

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
weasel2htm

Adding more storage.

Post by weasel2htm »

Current setup: ZoneMinder 1.36
Boot Drive: 120GB SSD
Video Drive #1: 2TB Seagate Mechanical Drive
But I want to add another 2TB Drive (Western Digital Green*) to the mix for even more storage. I can find instructions on remapping the default locations to a 2nd drive, but I have not been able to find anything on adding a 3rd drive.

I'm sure that I'm either not figuring out one minor step, or the instructions are somewhere I have missed. The Google Machine has not helped and I've worked it to death with multiple variations of search terms.

*I know a WD Green is not the best option for this task, I don't care, it was free and it's handy. When I retired my last analog camera, I yanked it out of my Chinese DVR. It will be so nice to not have to fire up a Windows XP box just to pull footage off.
bbunge

Re: Adding more storage.

Post by bbunge »

WD Green drive is a good choice. As for adding it there is an old how to in the WIKI for Ubuntu to use systemd to mount a drive. Then add the storage space in zoneminder. Or extend the current drive with LVM.
carlosedmartins

Post by carlosedmartins »

good morning,

where can I find the procedure to include a new HD in a Zoneminder server already working?
parky

Post by parky »

WD Green is an everyday computing disk according to the WD guide. It's the Purple you need for ZM

https://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/st ... drive.html