Image analysis simulation / what-if

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
rilny

Image analysis simulation / what-if

Post by rilny »

So I'm trying to tune my zone settings for better motion detection. I have some false-positive clips where motion was detected but shouldn't have been... and vice versa, where there was motion that ZM didn't flag. I know I need to adjust my zone settings but it's not always obvious which values to change to get the desired results.

If I have a clip, or even just a pair of images from successive frames, is it possible to simulate the motion detection with different inputs and preview the results? It would be great to run this offline, on a transition from one fixed image to another, and see real-time analysis frames as the parameters are adjusted.
kitkat

Re: Image analysis simulation / what-if

Post by kitkat »

You could try using this to replay existing events and test various zone parameters: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31355
rilny

Re: Image analysis simulation / what-if

Post by rilny »

Thanks, that's pretty nice and I might try it. I started working on a different approach though, using zmbenchmark as a guide. I load two images (successive frames from a capture), manually configure a monitor, and call DetectMotion. It works surprisingly well and you can configure any of the zone settings this way. With some more work, I should be able to get something interactive that shows instant previews with zone adjustments. I'll post an update here once I've made some more progress!