filter not working

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
apti

Re: filter not working

Post by apti »

Baylink wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:56 pm
vrm42z wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:41 pm yeah, right. and if everything worked as it should no post would be seen here :)
based on what you said about your system you're not just testing it. 1.36 has tons of bugs, so I think 1.34 should still be used in production environment.
It does?

I had a teeny problem getting the 1.36.5 PPA upgrade to run the DB upgrade script, but it seems to be be operating just fine since I did put it in last month...
There are clearly problems. I pointed out 2 in this post. But all versions of software have issues because we who program are not perfect. However instead of bashing anybody I would just like a solution.
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

OK, as a test create and run this. Set the -7 day out one day less than your oldest events so you only delete one day of events. Make sure it runs as a privileged user (admin). Let it run in the background and it may have to run overnight. You need to use the default storage area.
If this works there is something wrong with the way you create the filter.
AS suggested you may have to run zmaudit.pl to check and fix the zm database.
Purge_Day.jpg
Purge_Day.jpg (63.45 KiB) Viewed 1881 times
apti

Post by apti »

I set a "test filter" as you asked. I tried to execute it and it deleted nothing. I will let it run overnight to see but doubt it will make difference
Baylink

Post by Baylink »

apti wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:09 pm
vrm42z wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:41 pm yeah, right. and if everything worked as it should no post would be seen here :)
based on what you said about your system you're not just testing it. 1.36 has tons of bugs, so I think 1.34 should still be used in production environment.
It does?

I had a teeny problem getting the 1.36.5 PPA upgrade to run the DB upgrade script, but it seems to be be operating just fine since I did put it in last month...
There are clearly problems. I pointed out 2 in this post. But all versions of software have issues because we who program are not perfect. However instead of bashing anybody I would just like a solution.
My point was really that "it has tons of bugs", when you've enumerated two *is a bash*; I was pushing back against that.
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

apti wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:20 am I set a "test filter" as you asked. I tried to execute it and it deleted nothing. I will let it run overnight to see but doubt it will make difference
By any chance do you have OPT_FAST_DELETE enabled? If you do please disable it.
apti

Post by apti »

bbunge wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:24 pm
apti wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:20 am I set a "test filter" as you asked. I tried to execute it and it deleted nothing. I will let it run overnight to see but doubt it will make difference
By any chance do you have OPT_FAST_DELETE enabled? If you do please disable it.
The filter did nothing over night. I also do not ever enable the fast delete option and checked to be sure it was not on and it is not. I did note a difference in the 2 sites I am dealing with. The one with the filter issue is on 1.36.5 and the one working is on 1.37.0 I originally thought they were both 1.36.5. Is the issue as easy as upgrading the other to 1.37.0? Something I must wait to do until I can go onsite.
apti

Post by apti »

the filters are still not working. upgrade to 1.37 is not possible as 1.36.5 is latest available in fedora repo. So we are set on fixing this issue in this version unless another is released. Also I had to post a serious problem in version 1.37.
apti

Post by apti »

Baylink wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:37 am
apti wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:09 pm

It does?

My point was really that "it has tons of bugs", when you've enumerated two *is a bash*; I was pushing back against that.
after trying to get things working with the obvious bugs preventing it, I rescind my bashing comment. I think I agree with you whole heartedly now.