New Donation method request - XMR (Monero)

This is the place for any problems or issues with the website in general or the new forums in particular.
itsme

New Donation method request - XMR (Monero)

Post by itsme »

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the best place to communicate this specific request. If not, I apologize and would appreciate someone pointing me to the best place.

I've been using zoneminder for a few months now and want to donate. I would like to send zoneminder some monero but that isn't currently an option. Can you all consider adding it as an option? Currently I'd like to send .25 xmr which equates to $35. It's not a great amount, but maybe I can get the ball rolling and more XMR donations will come your way.

Sorry if I'm coming off like a shill, my main motivation is wanting to donate to zoneminder. But, if you don't know about Monero, I think it's focus on financial privacy should make it a natural fit for donations. Transparency has it's place, but so has privacy.

Let me know any questions or if I can help in any way.
iconnor

Re: New Donation method request - XMR (Monero)

Post by iconnor »

I'd be happy to receive your Monero! I have a wallet setup somewhere... will look it up tomorrow.
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

You can send Monero to my address

8311Hbi7v52NYfJCwM7KtWGucHb6rCSPAZizSG1tfyZKi2JS1LRF4b9Af56qeXExoA8vwggcDWn6r1NLJPCA2CPYFNqgDJP
itsme

Post by itsme »

Sorry for the delayed response. I thought I'd get a notification when I got a response but I didn't, and only checked back here today. Thanks for responding and for all you all do! Now when I get a chance to spread the word about zoneminder I'll also mention they accept xmr as well. Sent a little xmr your way, a little beer money or whatever :)
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

Woohoo! Thanks! I love getting those notices.
itsme

Post by itsme »

Haha no problem :)
heathcote

Post by heathcote »

The delay in my reply is deeply regretted. Unfortunately, I did not receive a message alerting me to a response and did not come back to this thread until today. Thank you for taking the time to respond, and for everything you do! Now that I know zoneminder supports xmr, I can share the word about it whenever I get the chance. I've sent some xmr your way, which you may use for beer or whatever you choose. mini crossword